Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 01:52 PM

2 posts, read 18,786 times

Advertisements

Does anyone here live in Berthoud? My husband just got a job in Longmont, so we're looking to move to the area. Longmont seems OK, but I personally prefer a small town. We're looking to live somewhere with a fairly liberal feel and lots of access to community events/farmers markets/small independent shops etc. Any information would be great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 04:28 PM

423 posts, read 1,958,946 times
Berthoud is a very small town. There are several small independent shops along main street. I am not sure if there are any farmers markets in Berthoud but there are several very close by. There is a great sense of community there and lots of family activities throughout the year. It is very close to Loveland also where there is more of the same events and shopping. Overall I think Berthoud is a great place to live. Definately a liberal feel to the community. And it is affordable. Congrats on the new job.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:27 PM

1,331 posts, read 5,081,422 times
I have grown up in Colorado and love it!! If I had to move from my present home, I would pick Berthoud or Evergreen. I would be very envious of you if you get the pleasure of living there!! REALLY!!
Heaven!!YEP!!

Old 10-08-2008, 06:20 PM

174 posts, read 940,372 times
Default Berthoud?

What can anyone tell me about Berthoud? How about the schools? I have seen some country rentals there and it looks to be a nice location between two larger towns. Thanks.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:25 PM

423 posts, read 1,958,946 times
It is a smaller town located between Longmont and Loveland. It has two or three schools if I remember right. One or two are elementary and the third is Berthoud High School. It is easy access to the surrounding areas via Hwy 287. It is a nice little community.

Old 10-09-2008, 11:18 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,690 posts, read 57,994,855 times
It has a pretty strong community spirit, nice and also much quieter now that the highway bypasses the town.

There is some grocery shopping in town, but you will be driving to Loveland, Longmont, or Ft Collins for work and most shopping.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:28 PM

2 posts, read 11,450 times
We moved to Berthoud 6 months ago and love it. It truly is a "mayberry RFD" type of town!

The only slight ‘comment’ I would have is that in the city, where the houses are close in proximity, the neighbor dogs can be a bit of a pain. People are always out walking their dogs. When they walk past our house, it starts a chain reaction of dogs barking; one right after another until there are 5-6 dogs barking. That can get real old!

I will tell you there are 3 local banks here; one you should clearly avoid (Guaranty), one you should consider with haste (Bank of the West because their fee structure is exorbitant) and one you should open an account tomorrow (Home State Bank)!

The Wayside Inn has the best food. The local state farm agent is the best. And, the ‘Derby’ has great music on the weekends.

We love Berthoud and even bought property outside of the city limits to build and hope to start that project soon.

Old 12-30-2008, 03:15 PM

1,664 posts, read 4,362,313 times
this is how nice, small towns eventually grow and then aren't as nice anymore...if you think Berthoud is 'small' now, you should have seen it 20 yrs ago

Old 01-06-2009, 05:14 PM

1 posts, read 9,484 times
Berthoud is a fantastic town to live in. I grew up in Loveland, then moved to Longmont, and after having children moved to Berthoud partially because of the schools. I am a real estate broker and it has been a great place to work and raise our family.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:40 PM

6 posts, read 20,971 times
Berthoud is a great "small" town. There are no big retail stores and very few fast food restaurants. It has a great community feel and support from the community. Major shopping would need to be done in Loveland, Fort Collins, or Longmont/Boulder. All schools in Larimer County are really good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area