Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 11:47 AM

87 posts, read 246,748 times

Advertisements

If you are attending school full time, it would make more sense to find a place in Fort Collins area.

I don't know your situation but my recommendation is to seriously reconsider this option of moving out to live with boyfriend. Be realistic about cost of living, job, school etc. I am not saying don't do it, just think twice.

Just my 2cents
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2010, 10:03 PM

2 posts, read 7,330 times
we have family there that we want to be closer to and i will only be a part time student

Old 10-06-2010, 02:53 PM

718 posts, read 1,985,094 times
Thank you for you answer, clearing up your intentions.

What sort of suggestions would you like about the move? Are you looking for info on housing (rentals or property for sale), or were you wanting some info about jobs in the area, or how to prepare for winter? There are many helpful folks here who would be happy to answer your questions.

Old 10-07-2010, 10:46 AM

87 posts, read 246,748 times
As Mike said earlier, Berthoud is not a long commute to Fort Collins and is not un-reasonable. I commute on 287 every day and it is actually a nice drive. It really only slows down when you get into the cities (Longmont and Loveland) due to stop lights. Berthoud to Loveland is a 5 (10 in snow) minute drive on 287.

Berthoud is a small town so your chances of finding a place to rent might be limited. You might have better luck finding a place in Loveland..you would still be closer to school and closer to family.

Hope that helps

Old 01-06-2013, 06:37 AM

2 posts, read 3,920 times
Default Are you from Berthoud, Co?

Thinking about moving to Berthoud.
Anyone willing to answer many questions about family life in Berthoud and surrounding areas?
Examples...
Do children play/walk/bike around town?
Which grade school has a stronger parent/teacher organization?
Any good hills to sled ride on?
What religion dominates the Berthoud area?
Many, many, more!....

Old 02-15-2013, 05:37 PM

15 posts, read 58,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholea View Post
Thinking about moving to Berthoud.
Anyone willing to answer many questions about family life in Berthoud and surrounding areas?
Examples...
Do children play/walk/bike around town?
Which grade school has a stronger parent/teacher organization?
Any good hills to sled ride on?
What religion dominates the Berthoud area?
Many, many, more!....
I grew up in Berthoud, went to Berthoud schools for 18 years before moving to Fort Collins for college, the Denver-area for my first job and then back to Loveland (15 minutes north of Berthoud) where I reside currently. I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.

1. Yes, it is a small community and there are always people out and about. Summers especially there are kids everywhere; riding bikes, playing in the parks, playing baseball/softball at the ball fields, swimming at the pool, walking, biking, skateboarding all around town.
2. I'm not sure as I am not a parent. However, I went to Ivy and have a friend who has a daughter who goes there and is pleased.
3. Not in town itself, but the foothills west of town has a hilly landscape. The Carter Lake recreation area is about 10 minutes west of town. I do not know of any commercial sledding hills but there's enough open space and rolling terrain that you should be able to find something.
4. This is one I'm not exactly sure on as I do not attend church with any frequency. There are a few small churches in town, I'm not positive of the denominations, but they're all Christian churches. I'm almost certain there aren't any mosques or synagogs. Both Loveland and Longmont have several churches of every denomination (we went to a church in Longmont when I was growing up). There is a Mormon church (or temple, I'm not sure what they're called) in Berthoud that has what appears to be a large and active group of followers. I do know there were a lot of Mormons in town when I was going to school there, I don't see any reason why that is still not the case, but they're certainly not a majority. If I were take an educated guess, I would say that mainline Christians are probably the most predominant, but there are Catholics, Mormons, evangelicals and atheists as well.

I hope this helps, if you have any more just ask I'll try my best to answer.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:22 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,690 posts, read 57,994,855 times
Berthoud has a pretty good 'neighborhood vibe'. The community comes together well. No particular denomination dominates, and there are several choices.

Unless you know a local farmer or someone on the south side with a sloping lot, you will need to drive to a sledding hill. (The town itself is pretty flat). We used snowmobiles, 4x4 's and ATV's towing innertubes when I was a kid. It is a pretty nice SMALL community. The downside is having to DRIVE to any major events or shopping. The upside is a nice community. With the new 287 by-pass, it is now VERY quiet and walkable. There are some really neat old houses there (which seldom are for sale.)

Old 03-04-2013, 08:37 AM

12 posts, read 20,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKarp82 View Post
I grew up in Berthoud, went to Berthoud schools for 18 years before moving to Fort Collins for college, the Denver-area for my first job and then back to Loveland (15 minutes north of Berthoud) where I reside currently. I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.

1. Yes, it is a small community and there are always people out and about. Summers especially there are kids everywhere; riding bikes, playing in the parks, playing baseball/softball at the ball fields, swimming at the pool, walking, biking, skateboarding all around town.
2. I'm not sure as I am not a parent. However, I went to Ivy and have a friend who has a daughter who goes there and is pleased.
3. Not in town itself, but the foothills west of town has a hilly landscape. The Carter Lake recreation area is about 10 minutes west of town. I do not know of any commercial sledding hills but there's enough open space and rolling terrain that you should be able to find something.
4. This is one I'm not exactly sure on as I do not attend church with any frequency. There are a few small churches in town, I'm not positive of the denominations, but they're all Christian churches. I'm almost certain there aren't any mosques or synagogs. Both Loveland and Longmont have several churches of every denomination (we went to a church in Longmont when I was growing up). There is a Mormon church (or temple, I'm not sure what they're called) in Berthoud that has what appears to be a large and active group of followers. I do know there were a lot of Mormons in town when I was going to school there, I don't see any reason why that is still not the case, but they're certainly not a majority. If I were take an educated guess, I would say that mainline Christians are probably the most predominant, but there are Catholics, Mormons, evangelicals and atheists as well.

I hope this helps, if you have any more just ask I'll try my best to answer.
Hi,

We are also thinking of moving there. We're in our early 30's, no kids yet but we're looking for a small town with a strong sense of community and friendly people. How would you say Berthoud fits into that? Did you enjoy growing up there? It seems like a great central location.

Thank you!

Old 03-05-2013, 03:27 PM

15 posts, read 58,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosette View Post
Hi,

We are also thinking of moving there. We're in our early 30's, no kids yet but we're looking for a small town with a strong sense of community and friendly people. How would you say Berthoud fits into that? Did you enjoy growing up there? It seems like a great central location.

Thank you!
Yes. Berthoud is a small town and that has its positives and negatives. If what you're looking for is a small town to make a nice home for yourself I would say Berthoud fits that nicely. It has a strong sense of community, it is quiet, calm, peaceful and safe. Both older neighborhoods downtown and the newer ones around the downtown area are nice. There are several parks and the town is very walkable/bikeable.

If being close to shopping and nightlife is important to you then you might want to consider Loveland or Fort Collins. Berthoud shuts down at about 9pm; there are a few little restaurants, a micro brewery, a handful specialty shops and a small grocery store. You'll have to travel 10-15 minutes up to Loveland to do most of your shopping.

I enjoyed growing up there. We would have to Loveland and Fort Collins for shopping and entertainment as Berthoud was even smaller back then then it is now.

Old 03-05-2013, 04:41 PM

12 posts, read 20,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKarp82 View Post
Yes. Berthoud is a small town and that has its positives and negatives. If what you're looking for is a small town to make a nice home for yourself I would say Berthoud fits that nicely. It has a strong sense of community, it is quiet, calm, peaceful and safe. Both older neighborhoods downtown and the newer ones around the downtown area are nice. There are several parks and the town is very walkable/bikeable.

If being close to shopping and nightlife is important to you then you might want to consider Loveland or Fort Collins. Berthoud shuts down at about 9pm; there are a few little restaurants, a micro brewery, a handful specialty shops and a small grocery store. You'll have to travel 10-15 minutes up to Loveland to do most of your shopping.

I enjoyed growing up there. We would have to Loveland and Fort Collins for shopping and entertainment as Berthoud was even smaller back then then it is now.
Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area