Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2008, 02:19 PM

4 posts, read 17,744 times

Advertisements

We are looking into renting at the Bull Run Townhomes complex (Merganser Dr. in zip code 80524 which appears to be NE Ft. Collins). I have heard good things about it, but am also wondering about the neighborhood. Is it a nice neighborhood? I see some Mobile Home Parks around there on the map, but don't know if they are maintained or problem areas that would effect the neighborhood.
I was also told that the high school for this location is Poudre High School even though that appears to be in the NW, not the NE. Does anybody know if this is correct?
Also, does anyone know of any townhomes or duplexes located on the west side of Fort Collins? I read on this site that NE and NW Ft. Collins have some bad areas and wondering if anyone has specifics (map areas, streets, locations, etc...)
We are moving back to CO, but have to get living arrangements from our current location (via internet/email/mail), then can move in a year to a place we can scout in person once we're living there.
Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 06:02 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,747,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamandbrooke View Post
We are looking into renting at the Bull Run Townhomes complex (Merganser Dr. in zip code 80524 which appears to be NE Ft. Collins). I have heard good things about it, but am also wondering about the neighborhood. Is it a nice neighborhood? I see some Mobile Home Parks around there on the map, but don't know if they are maintained or problem areas that would effect the neighborhood.
I was also told that the high school for this location is Poudre High School even though that appears to be in the NW, not the NE. Does anybody know if this is correct?
Also, does anyone know of any townhomes or duplexes located on the west side of Fort Collins? I read on this site that NE and NW Ft. Collins have some bad areas and wondering if anyone has specifics (map areas, streets, locations, etc...)
We are moving back to CO, but have to get living arrangements from our current location (via internet/email/mail), then can move in a year to a place we can scout in person once we're living there.
Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Bull run townhomes seems to be a decent enough place, I work with a few people that live in that complex and they never seem to have any problems.

As for the bad areas of Fort Collins, I would stay away from the trailer park that is located on north college, and also around the Harmony & taft hill area of town, there is said to be a ton of drug activity out there.

Old 02-07-2008, 11:34 AM

423 posts, read 1,959,570 times
The Bull Run townhomes are a low income apartment complex. As with any apartment/townhome complex you are going to see problems. It is also located by the RR tracks. There are many affordable apartments in Fort Collins. There are some located right off of Harmony/Shields and Wabash/Shields area (that would be the southwest part of town). Not sure about affordability or specific names though. There are apartments/townhomes off of Overland Trail/Drake area too. As with any city there are bad areas throughout the town not just on the NE and NW side, but there are many more good parts of town than bad. As far as schools you can do a google search on Fort Collins high schools and get information on all the high schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area