Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 03:51 PM

3 posts, read 5,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fai0607 View Post
I see a lot of posts about the business school which is good. But how is the acceptance rate? Is it competitive?
To be accepted into the Monfort College of Business, you need an index score of a 100. If you have a score between 94 to 99, you will be admitted as a "Seeking Business" major where you can reapply after you have taken fifteen credit hours (usually five classes that you take during your first semester) and have a 3.0 GPA or above. This will get you automatically accepted. If after taking fifteen credit hours you have a GPA from a 2.5 to 2.9, you will have to fill out an application form where you may or may not be accepted. To look up your index score, follow this link: - Admissions at the University of Northern Colorado

I don't know the exact number of our acceptance rate, but I hope this helps explain the admission process into the Monfort College of Business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2012, 03:57 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,536,797 times
One of you guys should start a University of Northern Colorado (UNC) thread much like my CSU Pueblo thread where people can go to for all the information and questions they have on the university and you can post news about your school.

Old 10-06-2012, 04:35 PM

32 posts, read 122,527 times
Ah sorry, I meant University of Northern Colorado, not the business school haha. Should've made that clear! I'm interested in the Pharmacy path rather than Business.

@Josse
That's a great idea. They are the first college I sent my application out to and I can't wait to hear back from them. Which is why I want to know the surrounding area because as I stated before I want to involve myself into the community in UNCO /and/ Greeley.

Old 10-13-2012, 06:02 PM

23 posts, read 94,697 times
I don't recommend UNC or Greeley. I graduated from UNC and we all ended up working at Starbucks, bartenders, waitors, and retail. UNC is a low tier school and employers know we're a world away from even another state school like CU. Since the economy has been bad it just hasn't been worth it to go to a school with such poor credentials. Oh, and Greeley gets old very fast; UNC students joke about being stuck in Greeley. Most just go away for the whole weekend and leave the place a ghost town; why bother staying when there's literally nothing to do except go to the local ghetto wal mart and get harassed by meth addicts in the parking lot (no I'm actually being serious about this)? Or you could go to the Greeley Mall where you could literally down the halls naked and there wouldn't even be anyone to know that you did. Most of the shops in the mall have been progressively moving west to Larimer County over the years anyway. And by the way the smell in Greeley isn't animal waste like you'd think, it's all kinds of strange industrial smells you wouldn't encounter in nature. You keep track of the news? It was a very violent summer in Greeley in 2012 and the violence and gang activity appears to be even higher now than it was when I was there from 2008 to 2011.

Sorry to burst your bubble buddy, but I sure wish someone had told me this and saved me the trouble of fooling around with this place for four years of my life.

Old 10-14-2012, 12:45 AM

3,158 posts, read 6,151,153 times
UNC was founded as the state's "normal" school. Its primary mission was to train teachers. There are several programs at the university that are excellent, including:
- the College of Education
- the College of Performing and Visual Arts (especially the jazz and vocal jazz program - which was nominated for a Grammy, and the theatre arts program which has several alumni performing on Broadway and in Hollywood.)
- the Monfort College of Business (which won the Baldridge Award, and does not show up on your list because it is an undergraduate only program)

Because it is a smaller "directional" school, it is well known regionally, but does not have a strong international or national reputation. It is not a party school like CU or CSU, nor is it primarily a research university. The main focus is educating students, which means that it is much easier to have personal contact with the professor.

Many students at UNC are perfectly happy with their choice. I know that 24 years ago, UNC was the best choice for me, and I passed up admissions offers from several prestigious institutions.

As for you Reed 9874, if UNC was so bad, why did you keep going back?

Old 10-14-2012, 07:14 AM

lol I kept going back because somehow I thought finishing college would be important for helping me get a job. Boy was I wrong!

But in all seriousness, I do acknowledge that there are people who did like it there.

Old 10-14-2012, 07:20 AM

In fact, the only employment opportuntity I can recall UNC offering is I guess you could start working at the campus Starbucks and use that to transfer to a regional Starbucks in Denver and count that as the university helping you "get a job"

Old 01-01-2013, 02:48 PM

8 posts, read 25,239 times
I am thinking of moving to attend graduate school at UNC. What are the rental opportunties for a 1 or 2 bedroom house? My fiance and I are moving and plan to get married so we would prefer a house versus an apartment.

Thanks!

Old 01-01-2013, 02:51 PM

26,326 posts, read 49,301,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC4489 View Post
I am thinking of moving to attend graduate school at UNC. What are the rental opportunties for a 1 or 2 bedroom house? My fiance and I are moving and plan to get married so we would prefer a house versus an apartment.

Thanks!
Start with padmapper.com to see rentals.

Hopefully someone on here will have some info to share.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:23 PM

50,616 posts, read 47,466,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed9874 View Post
In fact, the only employment opportuntity I can recall UNC offering is I guess you could start working at the campus Starbucks and use that to transfer to a regional Starbucks in Denver and count that as the university helping you "get a job"
I know a bunch of people that graduated UNC that are very successful now. Most of us worked fast food jobs while attending and that is how I met most of them. It is what you make of it. I think not having some Mardi Gra atmosphere available for kids helps them stick to the books.

At least I would hope that is why you chose to go to school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area