Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 12:12 AM

26 posts, read 85,672 times

Advertisements

Ive been an RN in Colorado for 4 years, I was a travel nurse in Loveland when I initially moved. RNs with 5 years experience usually make around $27-$28 an hour, there is also shift differential and weekend pay. If you are willing to work nights you can make $32-$36 an hour. Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 08:13 AM

788 posts, read 1,742,825 times
RN's WITH acute care experience will have an easier time getting hired with PVH (depending on what you are willing to do) but like another post stated on this board you definately should secure a position BEFORE relocating. My PP's were basically directed towards 'new grad' RN's. I didn't say they DIDNT hire new grads, I said it was competitive for them. I am a former PVH employee and I do know they would get multiple applicants for each position. My unit manager would often post positions but didn't seem like she was in a big hurry to fill them. One time i remember she said she interviewed 3-4 RN's but didn't hire any of them b/c she didn't feel they were the 'right fit' for the job. So obviously they can afford to be picky. I do know this hospital does not have a hard time recruiting RN's from out of state - I worked with several RN's who relocated to FC specifially to work there. They have an excellent reputation, pay decent and have good staffing ratios and low turnover. It took me 2 months of applying before getting an interview and about another month before starting work.

I am only posting this b/c I know in other locales the story is much different and you can get hired and start work the same day, practically. i knew several nurses who relocated here and were frustrated by the lack of job options. again, secure a position BEFORE relocating.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:33 AM

2 posts, read 9,083 times
[URL="http://www.cbsalary.com"]www.cbsalary.com[/URL]

This might help. It's a salary calculator for any city or state in the U.S.

Old 06-28-2009, 03:52 PM

2 posts, read 6,426 times
I am a new grad from a LPN program in Illinois and I am looking to move back to colorado... I currently work for a nursing home out here in Illinois and they have 3 facilities in Colorado.. I called to see how much I would be making when I move and they told me 22 an hour so I dont know if Im just lucky that Im working with the right company or what but thats pretty good I think for being a new grad...

I am currently a new grad LPN and I also am moving to colorado in a year... The company i work for in Illinios has 3 nursing home facilities out in the Denver area and I called to see how much my wages would be when I move... They told me 20 an hour and 2 dollar shift dif with 2nd shift... so thats 22 an hour... I think thats pretty good for a new grad... I wouldnt take 17 an hour.. where I live in illinois the cost of living is really cheap and I am getting paid 17.50...as a new grad no less so I would keep looking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevada1427 View Post
Hello,

I was just curious as to how much LPN's make in Fort Collins. I have searched tons of job postings but of course the don't list base pay. I was informed that only nursing homes would hire me in FC and that for a LPN they start off at 17.00hr depending on the shift. This is hard for me to belive b/c thats what I was making at a Hospital here in California. Also, how can I obtain a Colorado License? I was told by a employer in FC that I would HAVE to have a LPN COLORADO license or they won't even interview me. Is this true? Can anyone give me a correct pay scale for LPN's in hospitals and nursing homes? Any information would be helpful. Thanks
Im a new grad in Illinois moving out to colorado in a year.. The company I work for has 3 facilities out in Colorado and I called about how to transfer out and what my wages would be once I move... Thay told me 20 an hour and 2 dollar shift diff so I will be making 22 an hour... I think that is pretty good meanings Im a new grad... I would keep looking I would not work for 17 an hour... m y cost of living here in illinois is very cheap and I am getting paid 17.50 out here...

Last edited by Mike from back east; 06-29-2009 at 02:50 PM.. Reason: Merged 3:1

Old 06-28-2009, 04:20 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
^^^I'd get that in writing before I relocated.

Old 06-29-2009, 12:06 PM

2 posts, read 6,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I'd get that in writing before I relocated.
Well of course its in writing its the company I work for now....They are a big corp... its a transfer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC1147 View Post
Well of course its in writing its the company I work for now....They are a big corp... its a transfer...
I called the company located in boulder... they told me what their starting wages were with my tranfer, Id call around and ask for the DON, tell them your situation and see what they say.. I dont know why people think that 22 an hour is high, my sister lives in colorado as a CNA and makes 15.60 an hour....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC1147 View Post
I called the company located in boulder... they told me what their starting wages were with my tranfer, Id call around and ask for the DON, tell them your situation and see what they say.. I dont know why people think that 22 an hour is high, my sister lives in colorado as a CNA and makes 15.60 an hour....
Is it because it is a nursing home and not a hospital???? I know hospitals dont pay... I dont understand though?? I prefer LTC... LTC pays more out here, maybe the same way out there...

Last edited by Mike from back east; 06-29-2009 at 02:49 PM..

Old 09-04-2011, 11:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,962 times
Default are you sure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosobroke View Post
17 per hour may still be a bit high and to get hired it would help to be a colorado resident. Most employers resist hiring out of state. It is really true that Coloradoan's hate Californians and this makes getting any job difficult for out-of-staters. Keep in mind that colorado is a smell the roses kind of place and the pay and jobs are very hard to come by.
Hi, I'm born and bred from california and I lived in denver for almost 2 years now and never had the problem of "coloradians hating californians". I found your comment rather funny so I had to say something.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:07 PM

1 posts, read 827 times
Current pay scale for RN with 15 years experience in psych nursing? Hopefully in Fort Collins area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area