Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 08:06 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,415,958 times

Advertisements

I'm in central Texas, and I was just curious about this potentially fabled "water" stuff.

Mainly, if I were to move up there, about how much does it cost to get water turned on? And is it typically not a bill you have to worry about if you get an apartment? I'm hoping to move my family up there before winter hits, but that all depends on details such as this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2011, 08:22 PM

307 posts, read 984,643 times
I don't know for sure what you are talking about concerning "fabled water" but I rent and live in an apartment and as far as I know water, sewer and trash are typically included in rent, but that might not always be the case. In my experience here, it always has been. Good luck!

Old 08-10-2011, 10:02 PM

98 posts, read 238,855 times
We live in Loveland, and water is included in our rent.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryway View Post
I don't know for sure what you are talking about concerning "fabled water" but I rent and live in an apartment and as far as I know water, sewer and trash are typically included in rent, but that might not always be the case. In my experience here, it always has been. Good luck!
My apologies. I was more or less commenting on how rare water is here in Texas due to the drought. So what do you pay for electric? And are there any other fees (aside from phone, TV, internet, etc.) that you pay in addition to the rent? Forgive me, I'm just trying to be thorough.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:52 AM

1,822 posts, read 2,016,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
My apologies. I was more or less commenting on how rare water is here in Texas due to the drought.
Hmm. I don't see water in Texas as "rare", even in central Texas. You must live in some area far from civilization.

Last edited by Sunderpig2; 08-11-2011 at 09:04 AM..

Old 08-11-2011, 03:33 PM

98 posts, read 238,855 times
Our electricity bill this last month was around $30, and the gas was also around $30. From what I've heard at this complex, that is the norm. We also pay internet, which is $45/month for really, really fast internet. That's all that we pay other than rent.

Old 08-11-2011, 05:34 PM

Water in Texas is rare. Most lakes and rivers are drying up due to the record-breaking drought we've been in for months. This is the worst it has ever been and some are saying it will never truly get better.

That's great news, Ultraz! I knew electric was cheaper in Colorado, but I had no idea it was THAT much cheaper!

Old 08-12-2011, 10:18 AM

1,822 posts, read 2,016,230 times
Quote:
That's great news, Ultraz! I knew electric was cheaper in Colorado, but I had no idea it was THAT much cheaper!
Just make sure you are comparing "apples to apples". Ultraz may have a small apartment with only himself(?), and you might be thinking of the costs for a large apartment with several people. It's unclear of course; no details have been given.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:28 AM

11,557 posts, read 53,378,628 times
You've got to be really careful when you ask for generalizations of expenses ...

Some apartments may have most utilities included in the rent.

But others may have individually metered electricity, and may also be "all electric" units ... with baseboard electric heat or combined A/C/heater window (or wall mounted) units Depending upon the size of the unit and quality of construction, these apartments can easily see monthly electric bills in the hundreds of dollars per month.

Big differences on this issue between a small apartment, perhaps targeted to a single student ... and a larger apartments complex targeted to families like yours.

Old 08-12-2011, 06:00 PM

307 posts, read 984,643 times
Quote:
My apologies. I was more or less commenting on how rare water is here in Texas due to the drought. So what do you pay for electric? And are there any other fees (aside from phone, TV, internet, etc.) that you pay in addition to the rent? Forgive me, I'm just trying to be thorough.
Thats fine, I just didn't understand some of it, thanks for clearing it up! We pay about $100 for Utilities I believe, but we have a good size apartment. Around here it seems you have to have cable or satellite TV. Thats what our expreience has been in living in FoCo. It seems hard to get the channels from Denver, but a few from Cheyenne with a converter box. I hope this helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area