Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 05:37 PM

98 posts, read 239,870 times

Advertisements

Sorry, I should have clarified better. (I am a she, btw!) We have a good sized 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment. It's my husband, myself, and our young son. What helps dramatically is we live in a brand new apartment complex that was specifically designed for energy efficiency and "green living."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2011, 05:42 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,440,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltrazGSD View Post
Sorry, I should have clarified better. (I am a she, btw!) We have a good sized 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment. It's my husband, myself, and our young son. What helps dramatically is we live in a brand new apartment complex that was specifically designed for energy efficiency and "green living."
Yep yep, we both have apples, lol. Me and my girlfriend have a one-year old son and are looking for a 2 bedroom, 1+ bathroom. However, knowing that the answer to this question could shatter all my hopes, are these apartments also quite EXPENSIVE when it comes to the RENT? (I figure, mostly, new = expensive).

We have a huge list of complexes that we feel confident we can afford, but any suggestions you may have in terms of cost that won't have us living in a total ghetto are welcome.

Old 08-20-2011, 12:17 AM

We live here: Loveland Apartments | Greeley Colorado Apartments | Apartments in Fort Collins We love, love, LOVE it here! Trash and water are included in rent. There's a great exercise room/gym, pool, spa, movie theater, pool table and other games in the clubhouse, and gorgeous views of two lakes. It is kind of expensive though. We pay $1355 for 2 bed/2 bath. But it's so nice here that we don't mind it too much.

What is your price range? There is going to be a new apartment complex opening up that is owned by the same one we live in. It's going to be a bit less expensive though, but still really nice. I'd done quite a bit of research when we were looking for a place this summer, so would be glad to answer any questions.

Old 08-20-2011, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltrazGSD View Post
What is your price range? There is going to be a new apartment complex opening up that is owned by the same one we live in. It's going to be a bit less expensive though, but still really nice. I'd done quite a bit of research when we were looking for a place this summer, so would be glad to answer any questions.
Well, strictly because we have no idea how much everything ELSE is going to cost (from groceries to our own electric to gas) and I'm not even sure what kind of job I'll have to settle for, we wanted the cheapest possible that doesn't sacrifice peace of mind! No higher than $700 a month.

Old 08-20-2011, 04:02 PM

You can find some 2 bedrooms for $700/month, but not much less than that. In general in that price range you'll be looking at older places, no washer/dryer inside, no pool, etc. But it can be done if you're not very picky about where you live! Good luck!

Old 08-22-2011, 12:19 PM

29 posts, read 51,046 times
Don't for get to budget for state income taxes as well which you don't have in TX. Expect to pay more to rent or buy any type of property than anywhere in the South - $700/mo won't get you very far in the rental market.

Old 08-22-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky-13 View Post
Don't for get to budget for state income taxes as well which you don't have in TX. Expect to pay more to rent or buy any type of property than anywhere in the South - $700/mo won't get you very far in the rental market.
Well, we've found a number of apartment complexes within that price range, but I appreciate your advice. It's true that there aren't many in that area that seem all that great. But then again, compared to what I'm used to (the South also tends to have OLDER residential buildings), they don't look too bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area