Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2007, 03:31 PM

1 posts, read 18,711 times

Advertisements

We're hoping to have a inexpensive outdoor wedding in the Estes Park area Park next year. We have checked on the internet and have made lots of phone calls, but everything seems to be out of our price range. We are also worried about the fact it may rain and then what do we do? Also, does anyone know if there is a place where we could rent a few relatively-inexensive sleeping rooms for our guests and that would have a place that has a room to hold about 40-50 guests for a reception? Hope someone can give us some suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2007, 09:09 PM

423 posts, read 1,958,946 times
That is a pretty tall order. My wife and I just got married last year up Rist Canyon. It still has the beauty of Estes Park but it is just outside of loveland. The place was called the McC Ranch. It is a rancher who turned an outbuilding into a reception hall. He has all tables, chairs, refridgerators, etc. The owners were constantly helping us set up, tear down, and just making sure everything went smooth. You can get married right there on the property. There are beautiful mountains all around you and there are also a couple different ponds. The only thing they do not have is room for your guests. I believe we paid 650.00 for the place. Sorry I don't know of anything closer to Estes. You may want to put an ad in the paper. Who knows what you may find. There may be someone willing to rent you their back yard that has a great view. Estes is just not a cheap spot to have a wedding or cheap lodging for your guests. Good Luck to you.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:34 PM

126 posts, read 620,644 times
I got married in Estes Park. We rented a camp chapel for the wedding, it was something like 100 bucks. And we stayed in the lodges overnight.

Old 07-31-2007, 11:26 PM

168 posts, read 622,095 times
Default Stanley Hotel

Hi - I just returned to Denver from a fun family reunion in Estes Park. About 75 family stayed at the Stanley Hotel. They have other "manor houses", where we had large group formal dinner on site and it is a popular wedding location. Some of our family rented villas - literally behind the hotel which could house 10-15 people. Good luck. Sumisu

Old 08-01-2007, 12:23 PM

11,555 posts, read 53,154,100 times
This is "high season" in Estes Park, through Labor Day Weekend.

There's nothing inexpensive about the area, especially if you're trying to accomodate 40-50 guests. Even the "cheap" motels in the area will run almost $100 per night for something that's not especially nice.

My wife stays at the KOA "Kampground", either tent camping or in one of their "Kabins" (which is little more than a bunk bed room for 4 people without a bathroom), and it still costs $75/night for that .... and you use the common campground bathroom and showers ... for the events & shows that require her to be in Estes.

There are some B&B's in the area which are fairly nice with some cabins, but you're still looking at expensive rates and a large bill for a group. We've had friends stage weddings at the Stanley, and ... while nice ... it was a very expensive affair. I recall one telling me that the "serving fee" per plate of wedding cake (provided by the family) was $6.50 per plate, and the room rental for an afternoon reception was well over $1,000.00

You might find better deals in outlying areas, such as the Rist canyon, or places around the Grandby to Grand Lake area. It's still a tourist area in high season, but without the extreme "we've got to make our year in the summer season" tourist mentality of Estes Park.

Alternatively, you might want to check out places in the foothills around Boulder ....

Good luck with your plans.

Old 08-01-2007, 12:26 PM

7 posts, read 47,853 times
I got married at the Crags Lodge in Estes last year, it was everything I hoped it would be. Check out this website Estes Park, Colorado Weddings, Rocky Mountain Weddings also the Stanley is absolutely beautiful but not inexpensive!!!

Old 08-01-2007, 04:48 PM

16 posts, read 95,615 times
Check out The YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center Estes Park Center (http://www.ymcarockies.org/home/our-locations/EPC - broken link). We saw a few weddings there last time we visited the place.

Old 08-03-2007, 03:05 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,690 posts, read 57,994,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyfish View Post
I got married in Estes Park. We rented a camp chapel for the wedding, it was something like 100 bucks. And we stayed in the lodges overnight.
that was what I was thinking - congrats Ladyfish, you are more in my price range

there are many camps with chapels, lodging, lakes and kitchens for indoor needs. Give them an extra $100 for a donation, and have a great time

Old 08-05-2007, 11:38 AM

9 posts, read 52,917 times
I got married in Estes Park in Sept. 2000 in Rocky Mountain National Park. On my wedding day it was the first snow of the season. My pictures were beautiful! We had a very small wedding so we didn't worry about putting up any guests. Do you have a photographer? We used Moses Street who lives in Estes Park. He is awesome! Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area