Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 01:38 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,734,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Worst thing about the older K5 Blazers was the body rusted out from underneath them!
Not mine. Bought it brand new in 88 and has been in the garage here in Florida since.

But you are correct 90% of them the floorpan needs to be replaced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 06:55 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,307,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PI2070 View Post
Oh ted should take a lesson on how to drive a Bronco like it was meant to be and this video is the best I seen posted with a 1980-96 bronco driven like it put the sport and utility into the vehicle Ted needs to not care if he bangs it up a bit...

Bronco with 408 windsor stroker mudding - YouTube

Old 06-17-2013, 08:07 PM

17,285 posts, read 22,013,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
Not mine. Bought it brand new in 88 and has been in the garage here in Florida since.

But you are correct 90% of them the floorpan needs to be replaced.

Nice truck in the pics! You have done a great job keeping that truck mint for 23+ years!

Old 06-17-2013, 08:36 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,307,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DELL37 View Post
I personally would go with the K5. While both are great trucks I prefer Chevy to Ford 10 to 1 when it comes to their old trucks. If this thing is going to be a hauler and back woods truck I wouldn't worry much about mileage. Build a nice 383 stroker motor for it and back it up with a modern 4L80E auto and you'll be good to go.

You can also do any of the modern EFI systems which have become almost as easy to install a swapping a carb and a he11 of alot easy to tune.

BUT... Like others have said. The K5 is huge so running down trails could be an issue unless you are running open type trails out west.
We have Both since Stave lake is both for mudding and for trails where both mud trucks and Jeeps can go and have fun is where the main spot to go wheeling put here.

stave lake 2011 - YouTube

West Stave Lake, British Columbia (Dec. 30, 2012) - YouTube
LOL at the video quality of the mud trucks and the Jeep clubs out here no matter what you like there are good spots out here and great way to see B.C. and not the Vancouver Downtown core tourist trap stuff but actually see the places that the people who live here that do go out enjoy.

anyways I hope that my truck is not those stave lake wheeling videos in the back ground it is very easy to spot and I posted it winter one year and knowing my luck it is one when have a bad run get stuck or break something.

I will post few pics of my truck I have out with us wheeling but to post the K5 and my F250 both out to get his permission since I do not care about my truck but he might care I doubt but better to ask if he minds I post it on City Data since I could care less what others think of my truck but he might care on a open forum that he never heard but since this thread was revived.

I will see if I can get him to let know me what pic he wants up since him pulling my truck out would be fitting since it showed that no matter what he choose it worked out to help me since it got me out of a bad spot to be stuck in more than once and he isles aggressive and push it a bit more as to what jeep and ATV trail to climb that is a bit tight or the depth of the ruts in some spots from the dedicated mud trucks dug

Old 12-17-2014, 02:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
My best friend is looking for a 4x4 to haul his boat and do some off roading and he asked me what truck I would choose he is looking at a 91 K5 blazer with a 350 or a 95
full sized bronco with a 351 windsor being that I own a 91 f250 I am biased toward ford trucks so I said the bronco anyways what would you guys recommend? One thing that hit during this thread was dodge made the ram charger also I might as well throw that up too seeing as the trucks are all pretty much even

[url]http://photos2.ebizautos.com/used-1989-dodge-ramcharger-150-3819-883984-1-640.jpg[/url] (broken link)

how much$$$$
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln