Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2020, 08:16 AM

5,681 posts, read 5,203,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
Thus there’s absolutely no reason to call it a Mustang. Ford is retarded.
Back at it, eh? What happened, not enough people agreed with you on the first go and hard evidence wasn't enough to tip you off to the fact that the retarded party may be a different one entirely?

Do tell us which auto manufacturer pays your monthly bills, by the way. I'm sure they're lining up outside your door just waiting for your tokens of wisdom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2020, 10:00 PM

20,549 posts, read 17,818,375 times
I don't think Ford cares about the political correctness of calling it a Mustang. I'm sure they will offend many purist but that's not what the car is about, they're looking to grab new customers that no longer interested in ICE.

Old 02-08-2020, 10:29 PM

22,145 posts, read 33,714,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
What if GM called Escalade a Camaro? They own the name after all.
It would be as stupid as Ford calling that 4 door a a Mustang.

JC just call it a Mach E. Calling it a Mustang IS retarded. It’s not a Mustang. It’s about as retarded as when Ford was going to make the Probe be the replacement for the Mustang. You don’t need a Mustang family.

Old 02-09-2020, 08:57 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,203,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I don't think Ford cares about the political correctness of calling it a Mustang. I'm sure they will offend many purist but that's not what the car is about, they're looking to grab new customers that no longer interested in ICE.
What in G-d's arse does this have to do with political correctness?

Old 03-05-2020, 01:03 PM

9,613 posts, read 7,000,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
Back at it, eh? What happened, not enough people agreed with you on the first go and hard evidence wasn't enough to tip you off to the fact that the retarded party may be a different one entirely?

Do tell us which auto manufacturer pays your monthly bills, by the way. I'm sure they're lining up outside your door just waiting for your tokens of wisdom.
You provided hard evidence for what now?
No auto manufacturer pays my bills so I can say whatever I want. It called an opinion and I don’t to have your concurrence to express it. If you don’t like it put me on your ignore list. I think Ford is retarded and you can’t do anything about it.

Old 03-06-2020, 06:51 AM

3,847 posts, read 2,365,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
You provided hard evidence for what now?
No auto manufacturer pays my bills so I can say whatever I want. It called an opinion and I don’t to have your concurrence to express it.

You can hold any opinion you want, but you SHOULD try to have the intelligence to form an EDUCATED one. Why is it so important to hold tightly to an uninformed opinion just to say you HAVE an opinion? I'd much rather learn something and know what I'm talking about rather than just spout random opinions.

As I said: "If it were just an Escape EV, it wouldn't have garnered this much attention. Compare having the first year sold out, to the fate of the Etron and iPace. Or the EV version of the Focus. The performance tie-in to the Mustang is unmistakable and is arguably what's driving the sales."

Old 03-07-2020, 03:31 AM

9,613 posts, read 7,000,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvetters63 View Post
You can hold any opinion you want, but you SHOULD try to have the intelligence to form an EDUCATED one. Why is it so important to hold tightly to an uninformed opinion just to say you HAVE an opinion? I'd much rather learn something and know what I'm talking about rather than just spout random opinions.

As I said: "If it were just an Escape EV, it wouldn't have garnered this much attention. Compare having the first year sold out, to the fate of the Etron and iPace. Or the EV version of the Focus. The performance tie-in to the Mustang is unmistakable and is arguably what's driving the sales."
You can justify it all you want, but Ford is a company with a history of terrible naming conventions. (ex Mustang II, Ford Five Hundred). They also overly recycle old names and turn them into trim levels (ex Cobra, or Mustang Cobra, GT or Mustang GT).

People who like Mustangs won't buy a 4 door electric crossover just because it has a horse on the hood.
People who like EVs don't care if it has the logo to a gas guzzling muscle car on the hood.

Mustang isn't even Ford's best seller nor highest performing car.
Most cars have a "make, model, trim level" (ex Ford Mustang GT). This car has a make, model, model, trim level) (ex Ford Mustang Mach-E GT). What value does the name "Mustang" provide? Why stop there? How about "Ford Mustang Mach-E Model T, Cobra Raptor SHO F-150, GT" since we're trying to appeal to everybody.

Ford is retarded.

Old 06-15-2020, 10:33 PM

29,540 posts, read 22,837,124 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5vae93H15g

Old 07-22-2020, 04:16 AM

3,847 posts, read 2,365,317 times
Check this new video out. 7 motor, 1400 hp.

https://youtu.be/Y3846KFDmFQ

Old 08-01-2020, 01:05 AM

11,157 posts, read 29,399,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvetters63 View Post
Check this new video out. 7 motor, 1400 hp.

https://youtu.be/Y3846KFDmFQ
Love that whine Ford might be kicking butt with that and the new Ford Bronco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln