Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 08:02 AM

4,644 posts, read 4,912,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Yeah, the more I think about it the more I think I'd be making a mistake in not getting in on this fun. Reading the specs, this car weighs only 2,720 lbs. I was surprised it was that heavy, I was guessing something closer to 2,000 lbs.
Safety.
The Mk3 Fiesta probably weigh nothing - sold in UK/Europe from 89-97. The Mk4 didn't weigh much either (95-02). That weighed 910-1000 kg (2000-2200 lbs). More safety weighs more

Quote:
Fiesta ST is ready for a track day, something you can't say about many subcompacts. Its competition there might be Mini Cooper S, Hyundai Veloster Turbo, or the larger Volkswagen GTI.
The brakes are too small for a good track day. You'll boil off the brake fluid and suffer brake fade.
It's a whole lot better all around than a Veloster though. And the Mini and GTI are much bigger - at least Focus sized.

Quote:
For 2016, there's a new interface, Sync 3, replacing MyFord Touch for audio, connectivity, and navigation on a touchscreen or with by voice command. The feedback on Sync 3 is very good, too, from what I've read.
The 14-15 had Sync 2, which is a whole lot better than MyFord Touch. I've had no issues with mine over the last 4 years. Most other Fiestas didn't have either, the base ones had a classic LED radio.
And remember we only got the FiST from 14-19.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2019, 09:06 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,511,797 times
I saw yesterday that you can download Android Auto onto a USB stick and upload it to your 2016 Ford Fiesta ST's Sync 3 unit from the Ford owner website. Sounds good to me. You can also get Apply Carplay but you'll have to drive your Ford Fiesta ST in to a Ford dealer for that application, because they have to install a gadget into your head unit.

We're currently bantering numbers back and forth, the dealer and I. We're about $75 a month apart right now. I don't know if he's gonna come down enough for me to pounce on this Fiesta ST. The more I look in to a 2016 and/on Ford Fiesta ST the more I like the car, though, so I'm not gonna just drop the idea.

Old 05-29-2019, 06:03 AM

Well, that dealer and I were about $1,750 apart yesterday. I'll keep looking for another deal. I still really like the idea of a 2016-2017 Ford Fiesta ST 6-speed.

Old 05-31-2019, 09:04 AM

2019 Ford Fiesta ST-Line 5-speed stick

OK, time to chime in on why the pup above is a great deal. I have my eye on one that is still on that dealer's lot as I type this out, and it's under $16,000. Yes, the 2019 Ford Fiesta ST-Line's engines only generate 120hp. But, ya know what, I'll drive this particular slow car fast - or a reasonable facsimile of fast. And dig the heck out of it.

It has contrast red stitching on it's charcoal-colored seats, special ST-Line ensignia's on the facing seat fronts up above, 3 proper racing aluminum pedals, a leather-wrapped steering wheel and leather-wrapped shift knob, ST-Line ensignied sill plates, and...man, this feature is a really cool one that the '19 Ford Fiesta ST-Line has standard...Android Auto with Ford's Sync 3. That is awesome - it also has Apple CarPlay, but I don't waste my time with Apple i-phone's at all. I run a Motorola Moto g4 and I love that phone. Every phone I get I want it to be a Motorola Moto g. No kidding. It's engineered so righteously that I simply love using it and can't put it down. With this ST-Line I could Sync 3 my Android Motorola Moto g up to it and play away - I want to know how much one can sync from their phone to this Android Auto feature.

But I mean, I'm not a Mario Andretti type guy anyway. I love that Ford built this car with the standard transmission - it helps you to avoid getting your ST-Line stolen. I doubt whether the majority of thieves even know how to drive stick, man! There ya go! All of that green apple above for a titch under $16,000. That brings me to the few other ideas I've been kickin' around in my head concerning why this car is such a grab for someone like me. That Outrageous Green metallic paint job. I would buy some F11 in a can and wipe that thing down thoroughly once I got it home to protect its paint.

And, last but certainly not least, if I get the car above I get it brand new. This would no doubt me the last new car I buy and possibly the last car I buy. Why not get a new one? No one else would have had it yet, smoked reefer in yet, made whoopee in the back seat yet (they'd have ta be a small couple, yes!), spilled Coke all over the seats yet, had Rover who's all over in the back seat getting fur all over it. Sure, dealer's selling used cars and private car sellers can detail a used car clean, yes they can...but...come on! I would get it first of all. A new little green apple all my own! I'm startin' ta really dig that reason for getting the apple of my eye.

Last edited by elkotronics; 05-31-2019 at 09:24 AM..

Old 06-16-2019, 08:56 AM

Good morning, worldwide car enthusiasts! This 2017 Ford Fiesta ST in Ford's Orange Spice Metallic Tri-Color and 6-speed transmission is rocking my house this Sunday morning. Car reviewers, many that own this car, are giving it really great marks. Not just good reviews, great reviews.

The more I look at what Ford offers you in this car, the more I like and the more I want one for myself.

Old 06-17-2019, 02:38 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,305,268 times
The FIestaST or the FOcusST are both great options, and dealers are dumping them, as they're part of the purge of Ford cars. I don't know of two cars that are more reliable and provide more giggles per mile that are out on the market.

Old 06-19-2019, 05:07 PM

The FIestaST or the FOcusST are both great options, and dealers are dumping them, as they're part of the purge of Ford cars. I don't know of two cars that are more reliable and provide more giggles per mile that are out on the market.

If you want a fun car the Ford Fiesta ST is that.

Old 06-21-2019, 03:52 PM

Old 01-22-2020, 06:55 PM

815 posts, read 983,410 times
I know this thread is a little old, but I just stumbled on it and have a question.

I want a Ford Fiesta. They are no longer making it, so the 2019 models are the last. There are still a few available in the 5 speed manual transmission that I want. Total MSRP is $16,310. Ford is offering $4000 cash off the top price, so that brings it down to $12,310. What would be a reasonable offer to make to the dealer?

I'd appreciate any advice that savvy car buyers can give me

Old 01-28-2020, 08:22 AM

37 posts, read 21,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio516 View Post
And the Mini and GTI are much bigger - at least Focus sized.
The Cooper is definitely not larger. The GTI is.
Quote:
The 14-15 had Sync 2, which is a whole lot better than MyFord Touch.
MyFordTouch IS SYNC 2 (there were two versions - one with the bigger touchscreen and one without). You're thinking SYNC 3 (2016-), which is infinitely more responsive and overall better than MFT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln