Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 10:50 PM

11,284 posts, read 11,055,728 times

Advertisements

The answer to all your problems.

Online Grocery Store & Food Delivery Service – Schwan's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 05:36 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,739,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soupson1 View Post
Thanks alot for the suggestions everyone. I'm just not comfortable in the kitchen and i work 10-12 a day so time for cooking is limited for me. Anyone have some good recipes for Salmon I love Salmon, Thanks
Here's a recipe for poached salmon. You can eat it just like this or flake up the cooked salmon into pasta or a salad.

Simple Poached Salmon Recipe at Epicurious.com

If you have a Trader Joe's near you, I'd also check them out. They are very affordable for people cooking for one or two. My TJ's has ready-made salmon (steamed, I think), as well as sliced, plain chicken--both good for quick recipes.

Old 03-15-2010, 10:34 AM

10,177 posts, read 20,800,438 times
My favorite way to cook salmon:

Start with a Salmon Fillet.

Rub with an equal mixture of lemon juice and red wine vinegar

Sprinkle some salt, garlic powder, basil, parsley and a little oregano on top

Place a few thin slices of butter on top (optional) or you could melt some in a pan and pour over the Salmon afterwards. Unless of course you do not like butter.

Put in the tray and cover with foil, cook in a 350 degree oven for about 20 - 25 minutes or until the meat is white without any pink.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:56 AM

42,554 posts, read 87,069,036 times
Poached salmon is easier than that. Bring a big pot of water to a boil (about two quarts per pound of fish), put the salmon in, take it off the neat, and let it set covered until the water is only warm. Maybe 15-20 minutes. It's ready, but if your salmon is whole, it skins easy now, get out the lateral line, too. Make a small amount of a simple tangy sauce for it. Just some brown mustard and a dash of cayenne stirred into mayo will do. About a tablespoon per serving.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:29 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,031,840 times
A very simple way to do salmon is to invest in a George Foreman Grill just shake some lemon pepper on it and just grill it. It will take minutes and not much effort. Throw it on some salad and have a roll and it's all good and fast.

Old 04-12-2010, 12:06 PM

2 posts, read 8,144 times
Anyone have an easy baked fish recipe?

Old 04-12-2010, 12:29 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,691,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soupson1 View Post
Thanks alot for the suggestions everyone. I'm just not comfortable in the kitchen and i work 10-12 a day so time for cooking is limited for me. Anyone have some good recipes for Salmon I love Salmon, Thanks
Salmon lightly marinatated with liquid smoke and slow cooked in a toaster oven while unwinding with a tall glass of green tea works for me.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:09 PM

44,376 posts, read 20,094,272 times
I like to sautee salmon in a black iron skillet on the stove top. A little olive oil to grease the pan, some freshly-crushed rosemary (or whatever herb I'm in the mood for) and voila! cooked salmon in no time! I cook tuna steaks the same way. (That's what I had for lunch today - on a bed of romaine and spinach.)

Sometimes I use my George Forman grill to cook salmon or tuna steaks, but need to watch very closely so as not to overcook it.

Also, for both of those types of fish, I sometimes make a little marinade of olive oil and lemon juice, or olive oil, a touch of sesame oil and a little soy sauce. Coat the filets with it and let them sit for about 5 minutes, then sautee or grill. Way easy and way yummy!

Old 04-14-2010, 05:23 PM

50,398 posts, read 64,106,567 times
Since I assume you can read, it's not that you can't cook, it's that you don't want to.
I received a week of Home Bistro after I had surgery, and all the food was VERY good. I had the low carb menu, which meant I got mashed turnip instead of potato, for example, but they have other choices. The food is frozen and you warm it in a bath of simmering water...really excellent.

Old 04-16-2010, 01:43 AM

15 posts, read 19,307 times
this forum is a great resource for your problem... Other wise you tube is a very good source to search any kind of food...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink