Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 05:48 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,900,987 times

Advertisements

...what the hell are we doing to ourselves in this country? I am overweight and love my share of junk food, but I would NEVER partake in such garbage. Remember when the Whopper (one patty) used to be one of the largest burgers in fast food land? Now they have a TRIPLE WHOPPER!!! They also have a "stacker" burger with FOUR patties.

Where is this going to end? Are we going to see a quadruple Whopper? Are we going to have 2-litre cup drinks? You wonder why we are fatso nation!!! When is enough, enough?

Venting over!!!

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle...krispy_kr.html

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/stories/DN-openingday_26met.ART.State.Edition2.4bf7188.html (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 07:51 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,347,236 times
You are so right. Fast food places continue to make bigger, fattier burgers all the time. But this Krispy Kreme thing is overboard. Seems like bacon, cheese, deep fried stuff and ranch dressing are taking over our country. The fattest country on earth!

Old 10-10-2009, 08:02 PM

727 posts, read 1,891,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
...what the hell are we doing to ourselves in this country? I am overweight and love my share of junk food, but I would NEVER partake in such garbage. Remember when the Whopper (one patty) used to be one of the largest burgers in fast food land? Now they have a TRIPLE WHOPPER!!! They also have a "stacker" burger with FOUR patties.

Where is this going to end? Are we going to see a quadruple Whopper? Are we going to have 2-litre cup drinks? You wonder why we are fatso nation!!! When is enough, enough?

Venting over!!!

Meet the 1,500-calorie 'Craz-E Burger': beef patty, bacon and cheese on Krispy Kreme donut

Go for the churn: Fried butter a hit at State Fair of Texa | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Breaking News for Dallas-Fort Worth | Dallas Morning News (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/stories/DN-openingday_26met.ART.State.Edition2.4bf7188.html - broken link)
Burger Kings medium drinks are huge and just about a 2 liter. SMH We are now as americans perfecting the art of gluttony. Its all about who has the biggest cars,houses,jewelry etc. We are a nation of glutton and meanwhile you have people here in the US homeless!

Old 10-11-2009, 12:23 AM

6,025 posts, read 15,347,968 times
aww man, I wish I hadn't looked at those links, I'm feeling kind of nauseous now! I can barely eat a regular Whopper and usually just get the Jr if I end up getting anything from BK at all. I don't get these massive burgers at all. a quarter pounder is more than enough for me and that's practically my meal for the day! (sad to think there was a time I could polish off a Supersized quarter pounder meal w/o hesitation. nowadays, I don't think I could ever manage it w/o throwing up!). this is now becoming a sick game of who can come up w/ the nastiest, fattiest burgers. what next, a half pound burger between two slabs of fried pork fat and topped w/ Crisco?

I'm grateful for dollar menus. the sandwiches on these menus tend to be on the smaller size and I can get a small order of fries or a small drink for a lot less money than the full meal and w/o all the extra calories. Wendy's has the best dollar menu, IMO, lots of cheap, average burgers and decent sides

funny, as I am typing this, I'm watching Man vs. Food. gross, that's all I can say ( that man is going to drop dead of a HA soon if he keeps this up! )

Old 10-11-2009, 12:48 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,816,440 times
It's like a train wreck, I don't want to look but I can't help myself. And I can't help wondering for just a second how all that sweetness mixed with the savory burger would taste.
Guess that is just the southerner in me talking!

You're right, though. People are going overboard with the eating in this country. It's getting silly with the serving portions and "super sizing" of our food. You really have to watch it cause it's so easy to eat all the serve you when you eat out.

Old 10-11-2009, 05:00 PM

16,394 posts, read 30,287,859 times
Let's see. If a am a marketing manager and I want to get a lot of attention for a product without making a lot of media buys, what am I going to do?

Introduce an "over the top" item that is bigger and badder than anything out there. The food nazis and nutritional gurus will provide you with more publicity than you could ever get on your own.

Old 10-11-2009, 08:44 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,303,143 times
Are these Krispy Kreme burgers being sold somewhere besides fairs? A booth at our State Fair sold those this year. It didn't sound good to me at all but a lot of people like them. But at fairs, eating "fair food" is an indulgence for once or twice a year.

And while I may never want to try one of those burgers, I did recently have a deep-fried cheese-on-a-stick from a hotdog place in an amusement park. It was good but after two bites it began to feel like too much. I'll stick with the corndog.

Old 10-12-2009, 01:37 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
This is why you're fat.

Old 10-12-2009, 04:00 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,333,807 times
Wow! That looks amazing! I'll take two of those things with extra bacon. If my wife caught me though...

Old 10-12-2009, 04:03 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,327,091 times
Man, I thought fried candy bars were bad at fairs.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink