Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 01:31 PM

1,093 posts, read 3,798,027 times

Advertisements

wooo!!! I am so hungry now.
haha
I don't even want to know some of the oddball creations I might come up with if I get pregnant. haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2007, 02:50 PM

10,192 posts, read 11,178,712 times
when I was pregnant, I couldn't eat at all. I never had the cravings most have.

I love ketchup sandwiches at times. I guess that's my craving

Old 02-09-2007, 03:10 PM

464 posts, read 753,399 times
I missed the whole craving thing and morning sickness, would get alittle bit quesey but thats it and no cravings with any of the 3.

Old 02-11-2007, 10:11 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,420,704 times
Another thing i like is Chips (french fries) with garlic sauce and melted chese on top

Old 02-11-2007, 10:23 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,785,187 times
I'm not pregnant and have never been but I do get cravings.......mostly for chocolate. Chocolate chip cookies & milk to be exact.

Old 02-11-2007, 12:28 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,910,378 times
Default Double cravings

Both Husband & Wife shared the pregnancies & the cravings.

We ate Lo Mein like there was no tomorrow. Buckets of that stuff.

We ate Chicken Holiday (NJ thing) Ribs. We still say Moooo to this day.

We both gained 25-35 pounds.

Old 02-12-2007, 12:45 AM

2,098 posts, read 6,332,781 times
Where to begin?! With my first, I was obsessed with turkey, swiss, tomato and bacon sandwiches, also stuffed mushrooms (could eat unbelievable amounts of them at one sitting, my mom had to redo her "famous" and always requested stuffed mushrooms for Thanksgiving that year because I raided the fridge the night before and ate 1-1/2 trays) and kit kats (to wash down the turkey sandwich). I would also come in the house and grab the gallon of milk, pop the cap off and guzzle until it was coming out my ears. I had to buy my own gallons because I wouldn't even use a cup, it was gross. Did I mention, I never tasted swiss cheese or stuffed mushrooms (not even my moms) in my life until I was pregnant? And before I was pregnant and after I had her (even to this day) I hate milk, unless I'm dunking cookies or putting it in tea/coffee. You'll never see me just drink milk...weird. Oh, and I couldn't stand the taste, smell or sight of roasted peppers or the cold cut roast beef...which I normally love.

With my second one, sub sandwiches, hershey's bars and milk again. That's it, simple. But I had to have a hershey bar every single day (yes, one hershey bar every single day from the time the cravings kicked in until the night before my c-section, it was disgusting the way I ate chocolate!) There's something about sandwiches, chocolate and me being pregnant.

Funny thing is, I've always been picky with what I liked but ate large amounts of what I did like and everyone always said they couldn't believe how skinny I was for someone who ate like a pig. Well, when I was pregnant, the jokes that flew my way were unbelievable "So, that's where you've been keeping it all these years" or "Ha, ha, ha it's payback time!!" Nice, right? Thank god most (sometimes all) of it does come off, if you take care of yourself and exercise (and stop eating hershey's bars everyday )

My third...nothing at all. I was too busy sticking my head in the toilet day and night and peeing my pants every time I puked, coughed or sneezed. I was sick to my stomach the whole first month, part of the second and nauseous the third and fourth. I could also practically smell the cigarette smoke of someone on cigarette break at an office somewhere in NYC 10 miles away and I would puke. Seriously though, I could smell the smoke from down the street if I was outside or had the front door and windows open. If I was driving with my window down and I passed someone walking down the block with a cigarette, I had to pull over because the smell would actually jump into my window and I'd be nauseous. I could smell it on my husband even after he showered. It was horrible and when I finally started feeling better, I lost the baby. However, don't be scared, the baby was fine according to all tests, pretty much up until a few days before I lost him because I went to the hospital for a check up, blood work and an ultrasound the week before and it was all fine....I didn't want to frighten you (lots of healthy pregancies can still cause nausea, especially in the beginning...I also had some morning sickness with the first two)

Ps. My mom always said her two favorite things when she was pregnant with me were ice cream and pizza...she always wanted them. I don't like ice cream or pizza, I've always thought that it was funny, she really must've overeaten those two foods.

Old 03-25-2008, 12:15 PM

50,390 posts, read 64,095,870 times
Citrus fruit. I'd pack away several oranges or grapefruits a day, when normally I'd have maybe a few a year.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:35 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,065,418 times
I had to have fruity nutty sticky sweet things, like those as-many-calories-as-you can-get in one Danish pastry, or choc-covered ice cream bars with caramel and cookies in it.

But I also craved watercress, wholemeal bread and ....cottage cheese! What is with the cottage cheese????

The worst craving I have heard of is a pregnant girl who kept going to stay at her parents' house so she could nibble the chalky plaster which she picked off her bedroom wall!!!

Old 03-28-2008, 12:25 AM

1,224 posts, read 3,376,579 times
Warm whole milk and I hate milk, also when I was pregnant with my son I could not eat chicken at all but I did eat tons of hatch green chili and tomatoes. My son loves chicken and hot stuff, this time around I can not eat sausage, have the milk craving and i crave crab cakes wich i get to eat this weekend first and probably last time since hubby hates anything from the water.Oh and I still get the hatch green chili craving its just hard to find it out here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink