Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2017, 07:08 PM

24,155 posts, read 32,580,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Your dinner sounds terrific! Gotta love soup when the weather is crazy. I hope everything is fine your way and especially that you don't lose power! (Honestly, that is the ONLY thing I worry about with storms -- everything else, I can deal with.)

I too took it easy today (we got about 7-8" of snow -- haven't seen the official totals yet, but it was the light fluffy stuff, which I don't mind at all). Had dinner with the Stouffers (that's a Fiesta plate in claret, one of their newer colors -- I love it ) ...

Lasagna plus a slice of garlic bread. Took about 2 minutes of "prep." The hardest part was waiting an hour and 15 minutes for the lasagna to be ready. I hate to say it, but I can't remember the last time I made homemade lasagna -- I find Stouffer's that good. The fact that it lasts several days is a bonus.
Karen, I grew up with Stouffers and I love their lasagna - as well as many of their other products.

They know how to do "comfort food".

I live less than two hours away from the Fiesta plant in West Virginia! I make at LEAST one pilgrimage each year.

You should join me this summer!

Old 02-09-2017, 07:10 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,543,250 times
Annie's Mac and Cheese and a delicious taco made of the last of the mu shu pork, red cabbage, hoisin sauce, and a flour tortilla.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:35 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,300,203 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, I had to laugh at this. If I had tried to eat dinner outside today I would have gotten snow all over my food.

Hope you had a great dinner!
They said we'd get 5-8" ... we got 1". The roads were dry by noon!

We celebrated with beautiful thick ribeye steaks and veggies.

Old 02-09-2017, 09:25 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,435,290 times
We went to a local culinary arts school for dinner, $12.00 for.

Dinner salad and cream of broccoli soup..

Smoked loin of pork with a raspberry, chipotle glaze..
Crispy buffalo wings.
Shrimp scampi.

Squash medley and roasted Brussels sprouts..
Roast potato's and mac and cheese.

Dessert bar..

Carrot cake
Flan
Bread pudding
Cheesecake
Assorted berries, sponge, whipped cream and chocolate sauce..
Lots of assorted cookies..

And I had a bit of everything except for the scampi..

Old 02-09-2017, 09:39 PM

802 posts, read 644,893 times
We had snow, upon snow, upon snow, and then freezing rain all night. This morning was a nightmare! Roads were like an ice skating rink all the way to work. And some people still insist on driving like a**holes! One of them almost took me out, trying to pass me, on the right, on a one way (one lane) street. I was shaking like a leaf by the time I made it to the office. *sigh*

Taco Pizza tonight. One of husband's favorites. I haven't cooked for a couple of weeks (new job, and I don't get home until 6 now. Used to be home by 2, and dinner on the table by 4. So, it's been a hard transition for both of us!)

Hopefully, I will get settled in soon and start putting together some new menus that are more workable with my new schedule. We are old and cranky. Change doesn't set well with us. LOL

Miss checking in here daily, though.

Old 02-09-2017, 09:40 PM

38,975 posts, read 22,980,069 times
Leftover Korean barbecued short ribs with brown rice
Kale and broccoli salad mixed with mango and jicama slivers

Old 02-09-2017, 11:53 PM

16,404 posts, read 30,345,228 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, I had to laugh at this. If I had tried to eat dinner outside today I would have gotten snow all over my food.

Hope you had a great dinner!

72 degrees at dinner time. When we eat dinner outside, we end up seeing all of the neighbors.

Our post dinner project was to finally get our patio heater working. We bought it at Thanksgiving BUT had to wait for the parts to assemble it completely and had to purchase a new tank and propane. It does a good job heating ay a radius of 15 feet.

We had enough bean soup for the neighbors.

Old 02-10-2017, 12:05 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,072,688 times
Suffering from a cold, I made a fish stew.

Chicken of the Sea canned mackerel, brown rice, split pea, lentils, black beans, black eyed peas, pinto beans (always throw a handful of those into any stew to up the protein), rinsed out Feta container, garlic, paprika. No croutons this time, had it with milk, then apple juice while listening to Stevie Nicks and writing in my diary.

Old 02-10-2017, 04:33 AM

5,014 posts, read 6,620,938 times
Last night was pork chops and napa cabbage sauteed with apples, white wine, mustard and dill

Old 02-10-2017, 05:30 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,948,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Suffering from a cold, I made a fish stew.

Chicken of the Sea canned mackerel, brown rice, split pea, lentils, black beans, black eyed peas, pinto beans (always throw a handful of those into any stew to up the protein), rinsed out Feta container, garlic, paprika. No croutons this time, had it with milk, then apple juice while listening to Stevie Nicks and writing in my diary.
get better: if you have that junk that is going around you might not feel 100% for about 10 days. I know, I am finally over it 100%, but the good news, it isn't all that awful, like the flu at least. Take care, and enjoy the soup, sounds good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink