Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2009, 08:17 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,577,985 times

Advertisements

Not up to par all day, so took the easy way out. DH had beans with ham, stewed tomatoes, spinach, and applesauce. I just had some cheddar cheese and crackers and water. May have some ice cream later.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:14 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,627,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post

Nomad how do you spread that Smart Balance stuff????? I bought some it is rock hard and says leaving it out of the fridge will make it hard.
Mine softens just fine on the kitchen counter....Now there are more than one formulations. I use only the original....The kind in a tub...We use some stick to. It has the plant sterols for lowering lipids... and of course we have a good stock of buttah on hand...Got to get a pound cake made with smat balance...Coming soon to a post near you...

Old 02-04-2009, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
Not up to par all day, so took the easy way out. DH had beans with ham, stewed tomatoes, spinach, and applesauce. I just had some cheddar cheese and crackers and water. May have some ice cream later.
I have a couple of ice cream sandwiches in the freezer that need to be seen about soon... They are the best thing going to take late night meds with...

Old 02-04-2009, 09:43 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,194,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Mine softens just fine on the kitchen counter....Now there are more than one formulations. I use only the original....The kind in a tub...We use some stick to. It has the plant sterols for lowering lipids... and of course we have a good stock of buttah on hand...Got to get a pound cake made with smat balance...Coming soon to a post near you...
Your tub doesn't say keep in the fridge? I think I will take some out of the tub then put it into a small covered dish to leave out. It is really rock hard in that tub by golly. I was pleased with the flavor from other whipped healthier choices I have tried that we didn't like. Haven't investigated baking with it since we just opened it a few days ago.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:48 PM

BTW:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/commu...g-tonight.html

Old 02-04-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Your tub doesn't say keep in the fridge? I think I will take some out of the tub then put it into a small covered dish to leave out. It is really rock hard in that tub by golly. I was pleased with the flavor from other whipped healthier choices I have tried that we didn't like. Haven't investigated baking with it since we just opened it a few days ago.
We keep it in the fridge. Just take it our a half hour or so before need to spread or whatever. Love cooking with it to. Ya know you can even fry with it....Nummy good...Just check the different formulas for what you need to work with.... If softened ahead mine melts and puddles in a pile of mashed potatoes. I have not take a statin med since using it....

Old 02-05-2009, 03:34 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Morning all-Jaxson-I use Smart Balance and never had a problem with it spreading/melting. Have cooked with it also. Like Noma we always have butter on hand as that's all Mr. L will use.

Amber thanx for the soup recipe again.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:44 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Say Jaxson-look at you all shiny and bright. Well done friend-well deserved.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:52 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,872,241 times
YIPPIE YAHOO Jaxson!!!!! RAH RAH RAH!!!!!! You go girl!!!! The Cheerleader had to put her shades on this morning LOL..... So happy for you!!! You got your GOLD.... you have earned it for sure.... Wish I was on last night to see all the excitement... I knew you were close last night and thought you MIGHT -- I was cheerin you on from my screen as I was shutting down...LOL..... GO JAXSON GO!!! LOL...... I am really happy you are so shiny today.....

Well woke up with a cold. I thought I could wish it away but I was wrong. Sad thing is Diva will be home today with the same cold. So it will be a low key day. Tonight I think I am going to make some chicken soup in the crockpot... that is so easy and I have all the ingredients in the pantry. It only takes two seconds as I pretty much have it all ready to just toss in. Something about soup when you don't feel well.... and I don't really feel like I am cooking when I use the crockpot.

Smart balance.... I use it in the tub... and I don't keep it on the coutner for long but I do take it out for a bit to get it to "thaw" a touch. I will take it out when I am cooking so when dinner comes it is nice and "soft" to spread on bread. Or in the morning when I get up it is nice and "soft" for toast by the time I am done and everyone is ready to eat. But if I do it last minute it is more stiff but not really hard as a rock but more like butter when it comes right out of the fridge. But I always put it back in the fridge when I am done....

Old 02-05-2009, 05:55 AM

10,782 posts, read 8,730,673 times
That slow-cooked pork in salsa verde that we all like. Leftovers from yesterday. Wrapped up in tortillas, with shredded cheese, avocado and lettuce. Yum. So simple. So tasty.

Makes a nice salad too. Torn romaine/cos lettuce, with the shredded pork on top, and some of the barely warmed salsa verde dolloped on top. No need for salad dressing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.