Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2008, 07:14 AM

849 posts, read 1,961,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
The coffee is ready and the bread is rising....Y'all come!
Ok, I'll bring some bagels!

Old 12-21-2008, 07:25 AM

849 posts, read 1,961,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
Good morning Lacey & company........

Lacey........Funny. Guess what I'm doing right now as I read this?
Eating a Einstein bagel with the Cream Cheese & Chives spread. I'm almost out of the salmon one so I'm saving it a little.

I thought about Nik as I was toasting it and putting the spread on.

Tonight's dinner will be at Macaroni Grill. Meeting up with a girlfriend from when I was 13 years old. Now some of you know how long that is! We haven't seen each other in about 10 years now!

Stay warm everyone!
Glad you enjoyed your bagels. Too bad I can't share with you all. I did share with my neighbor and my friend is coming over after church to see the puppies, so I'll send some home with her, too.
I'm sure your dinner will be fun. After Christmas, I will be meeting a friend from high school after 28 years. She now lives in Utah and her family will be in Glendale AZ after Christmas visiting their friends. We were in the same class in high school in a little town in southern part of Japan. We kind of "run into" each other at a Japanese cooking website. Took us a while to figure out that we "knew" each other. Any way, we are so excited to see each other after so many years. I have not seen any of my friends from high school since I came to the States in 1983.

Dinner tonight...we really need to eat some left overs, so I'll have room in the fridge for other things...

Old 12-21-2008, 07:50 AM

22,979 posts, read 27,205,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkzone View Post
Glad you enjoyed your bagels. Too bad I can't share with you all. I did share with my neighbor and my friend is coming over after church to see the puppies, so I'll send some home with her, too.
I'm sure your dinner will be fun. After Christmas, I will be meeting a friend from high school after 28 years. She now lives in Utah and her family will be in Glendale AZ after Christmas visiting their friends. We were in the same class in high school in a little town in southern part of Japan. We kind of "run into" each other at a Japanese cooking website. Took us a while to figure out that we "knew" each other. Any way, we are so excited to see each other after so many years. I have not seen any of my friends from high school since I came to the States in 1983.

Dinner tonight...we really need to eat some left overs, so I'll have room in the fridge for other things...
Ya know Nikk you can SHIP frozen bagels (hint,hint,hint)...Was that too obvious? I'll gladly trade you some fresh snow for some bagels...

Old 12-21-2008, 08:14 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,972,109 times
I am going to freeze my booty off at the Bills-Broncos game today! Should be cold but fun. Dinner after will be leftover snacks from the party....meatballs, shrimp, crab dip, sausage, cheese, and crackers

Old 12-21-2008, 08:15 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,280,532 times
Good Sunday Morning Foodie Friends, Welcome to dismal rainy cloudy E. NC. Our Panthers will be playing the Giants in the snowy NE today.
H is working the midshift today and tomorrow and starts his vaca on Tues., so tonight for dinner I am going to make veal stew in a red sauce with peppers, garlic and onion served over mashed potatoes.

I didn't realize just how many leftovers I had for dinner last night, 1 half stuffed pork chop, 1 half stuffed split chicken breast, assorted vegetables, fingerling potatoes, rigatoni and meatballs, sausage & peppers, strip steak and 1/2 baked potato. I scrapped the steak and baked potato for lunch for him today or tomorrow. I thoroughly enjoyed the rigatoni and meatballs, hubby loved everything else.
So, I guess once night a week we will be cleaning out the fridge for dinner.

Have a wonderful day friends.

Old 12-21-2008, 08:20 AM

2,409 posts, read 6,024,827 times
Good morning. I'm not sure what dinner will be, but I'm going to be making some hot oatmeal for breakfast in a bit. Husband has to go out and snowblow from all the snow we got yesterday. The worst part is that it is -11 temp and with windchill factored in it's -37. I really hate these winters and this year it's hitting hard and winter hasn't even officially started yet! I'm going to wait until he's almost finished and then get the oatmeal, that way he'll have something to warm him up when he gets back inside.

Old 12-21-2008, 08:33 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,932,951 times
Right there with you Molochai!!! Looks like a long one.

Kelsie I so miss veal n peppers-no veal out here.

Made a big pot of chicken cacciatore and it's cooking low and slow-that's for Mon and Tues. Tonight smoked pork chops, baked sweet potatoes and roasted parsnips.

Old 12-21-2008, 08:47 AM

50,684 posts, read 64,854,390 times
I think it will be beef stew tonight. I'd whip up a loaf of bread if I wasn't out of flour. It's cold and crisp outside and we don't have anywhere to go, except out to the road to get the newspaper. The last lazy day before the busy Christmas preparations.
For those of you who remember that I was going to make Cranberry Salsa, I made it yesterday and every last bit got gobbled up.
1 bag fresh cranberries
1 red pepper
1/2-1 red onion
1 apple, cored
1 jalapeno
1 bunch cilantro
1/2 cup apple juice or cider
1/2 cup sugar

Chop the fruits and vegetables in a food chopper to uniform size. Toss in a bowl with the cider and sugar. Chill and stir a few times until sugar is dissolved. Serve with tortilla chips or apple chips.

Old 12-21-2008, 09:13 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,563,282 times
Good morning all,

I had a little trouble with my internet this morning. The wind knocked my satellite dish off course. Hubby had to go out and realign it. He really needs to do a permanent mount for me.

Tonight is some kind of boneless chicken breast for dinner. They were on special this week for $1.77LB what a deal. I have all day to decide what to do with them. As soon as I get off my butt I'll be making French Toast for breakfast. My favorite.

Have a great day.

Old 12-21-2008, 09:24 AM

259,024 posts, read 91,120,862 times
I've finally caught up on the dinner news. Now starting to think about dinner. We have a smoked ham and sweet potatoes so maybe that is a start. I may use the logic the oven is already hot so why not bake some brownies while it is and same some energy...If I'm lucky the chocolate cake too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink