Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2008, 06:25 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,262,748 times

Advertisements

Lacey you brought tears to my eyes reading what your DD did one Christmas with your grand babies.

nik great 'score' indeed on the bagels!!!

My last batch of cookies were turtle bars and I am telling ya all they look devine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DD bless her heart has been standing at the stove dipping about 100 PB balls while I have been making cookies and other candy. She is also my chief dishwasher and keeps me in supply of clean bowls, measuring utensils and beaters. We decided all hand mixers need to come with an extra pair of beaters.

We have been so busy that we forgot to cook supper! Can you believe that? So it looks like some leftover pizza and some hot dogs will be in order tonight. Those pork chops will be 'got to' tomorrow evening for sure.

Old 12-20-2008, 06:38 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,262,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Woman View Post
Let's see....last night got to work and found that one of our very, very kind citizens made about 8 dozen tamales and brought them to the workplace. Unfortunately, she brought them in on dayshift so there were only a couple apiece for those of us on the midnight shift.
Those first shift bums! Kick them to curb for me will ya?

Old 12-20-2008, 07:39 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,334,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Great ideas...all of which I may try. I can already feel it's going to be a bugger! And this is ony the first day. Think I'll take the dog for a walk before it rains. I never smoke while walking. I usually don't smoke if I'm busy, like cleaning but I'm so darn tired today I don't feel like really cleaning a bunch. I love the ideas and believe me I appreciate it all!!
Hey girl!!! I am so proud of you for attempting this!!! I still am a smoker , but have cut way back to less than a pack a day - sometimes only smoke 1-3 a day - my doctor doesn't think I am addicted to them - ummmm I have been smoking for 27 years now so I think that I am. But since we don't smoke in the house, there are actually times that I will not smoke any all day because of inclement weather ( - rain I mean!) or some such. I would rather not bother smoking than have to haul my cacuss () outside to do it.

ANYHOW, the closest I came to quitting was when I bought herbal cigarettes from the health food store. They have no nicotine or carcinogens, but have other herbs in them. They satisfied my urge for a smoke when I simply HAD to have one. They do have very very strong odor though!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
kats: you expect anyone to let you test taste when you are sitting in shorts? I know the midwest is feeling very sorry for you now.
I know!!!! I messed up!!! LOL Should have waited until AFTER I got the food!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Kats-NO ZITI testing for you!!!! LOL
Oh come on!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
kats no fair rubbing in your warm weather when we up north are dressed inside for outside weather. I have a t-shirt, hoodie (took it off while I am baking), a pair of toe warmers (just the front part of your socks but thicker) on with my socks and my tennis shoes! I usually just wear slippers in the house or in the summer bare foot. Since I am baking I have my apron on too. Oh gosh I just re-read this I do have on jeans as well. Whew sorry for the image folks!
Glad you clarified that!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
What does a 65 yr old lady who already has a ton of excess stuff need (large trash bags??? )
Hmmmmm......a 65 yr old man??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Best present ever-our daughter divorced struggling Mom of 2 wrapped her babies in wrapping paper-rang our doorbell and there they were. Best ever and always will be.
Oh my!!!!! Wonderful!!!!!!!!!1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post

I sallied forth this morning with the daughter and her sig-other's daughter on a final Christmas shopping expedition. The youngster really wanted to get her dad, mom and sibling gifts, but both her parents are on pretty tight budgets this year, so I subsidized the venture. It was a joy to watch her debating the various merits of this pair of slippers over that one, this toy or the other, and to see her excitement at being able to get things for the important people in her life. I think I got more out of the trip than anyone, to be honest.
Bless, Bless Bless you!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-20-2008, 07:41 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,899,882 times
What a great day! Started with breakfast at Wegmans with the kids and hubby.... they have a great place to eat upstairs.... hubby and I had coffee and breakfast sandwiches and the kids muffins... then we got a start on our holiday groceries while the kids were in the kid watch... it was great.... The little one had her last class of Karate this morning before Christmas... then home to shovel and play in the snow (FREEZING HERE BTW).... I ran off to buy hubby's and my stocking stuffers since the kids don't quite understand that Santa doesn't need to bring us much.... so I got the essentials taken care of and waited in the world's longest lines ever (wanted this done before today but it didn't happen).... UPS Store and yet another line the size of China.... Then out to dinner where we had a wonder family meal and the kids were WONDERFUL!!!!! I had Chicken French- My fav in that restaurant.....and then we took the girls out for sundaes.... they were so good we went looking at Christmas lights and now we are home.... it was a long day... but a wonderful one. I can't wait for Diva to be off from school on Wed.... Today was a nice little taste of it...... Hope you all having a lovely weekend......

Old 12-20-2008, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Oh, bite me! I luv you anyway lol.
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been known to use that exact expression myself!!!!!!!!!!! Luv y'all too!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Old 12-20-2008, 07:46 PM

SKBS, wow, that sounds wonderful! THAT is what the season is all about!!!!

Old 12-20-2008, 08:04 PM
bjh

60,427 posts, read 30,610,963 times
Fried chicken, green beans, macncheese. Southern comfort food tonight. Y'all stay warm now. Ya hear?

Old 12-20-2008, 08:05 PM

568 posts, read 1,482,295 times
Two apples and a bottle of water. Thank you Paulson for this awesome dinner!

Old 12-20-2008, 09:49 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,936,118 times
Ok girls...Throw me in with the need to quit, don't smoke in the house (even in AK), and have gone down to less than 1/2 pack a day...still need to do the rest of the way...

JIMJ - glad the ravioli turned out this time!!! now I want to make...

To everyone else, happy weekend!!! I worked today, cleaned some house, going shopping early in morning to try to avoid crowds...we had left over spaghetti sauce doctored up with new pasta, now no more leftovers...on to baking...I want those oreo ball thingees, and peanut butter balls are on tomorrow's to-do list...maybe some peanut butter cookies with the kisses and sprinkled with colored sugar if enough time...hope the shopping is quick and painless...

Old 12-21-2008, 04:33 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,908,561 times
Good morning all-what a great way to wakeup reading all your great, fun posts.

Great food, great ideas and laughs.

Cyn hope the first 24 hrs. went smoothly.

Hey VP-Maybe Nik should just fix that bagel and eat it for you! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.