Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2008, 05:00 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,894,496 times

Advertisements

Good morning all.

Looks pretty foggy-first thought it was snow flurries til the eyes adjusted.

Kelsie-years ago I tended bar in a retirement community in NJ. One of the regulars was from same place in Bronx that I was-so monthly he would make a trip and bring us both back rye bread and hard rolls. It had to be the water.

Noma if you had chili left you could load it on macaronis and top w/velveeta.

Old 12-13-2008, 05:54 AM

48,323 posts, read 22,082,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Good morning all.

Looks pretty foggy-first thought it was snow flurries til the eyes adjusted.

Kelsie-years ago I tended bar in a retirement community in NJ. One of the regulars was from same place in Bronx that I was-so monthly he would make a trip and bring us both back rye bread and hard rolls. It had to be the water.

Noma if you had chili left you could load it on macaronis and top w/velveeta.
I love chili on spaghetti with a thick layer of cheese.....3 way chili....cincinnati style--you can throw some chopped onions on that and have it 4 ways.

Last edited by elston; 12-13-2008 at 06:09 AM..

Old 12-13-2008, 06:14 AM

Comfort food night here. Meatloaf, baked potatoes w/light sour cream, sauteed zucchini w/onions and garlic. Biscuits for Mr. L.

Hunkering down time here.

Old 12-13-2008, 06:37 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,378,186 times
DH is making Orange Roughy for dinner tonight. Not sure of the sides yet--will post that later.

Jaxson...that saying you were talking about is one I live by, Ha! More times then not it is right on.....it goes like this:

Red sails in the morning, sailor take warning (storms coming). Red sails at night, sailers delight (no storms). I always watch sunrise to see if the sky is red in appearance and at night I watch the sunset the same way. Weird how it seems to work!

Old 12-13-2008, 06:40 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,066,790 times
Good morning everyone. Just wanted to wish everyone a good day while I take a moment away from the cookie kitchen. Stay warm and have a terrific day!

Old 12-13-2008, 06:45 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,378,186 times
Oh my Amber..when you said you were baking cookies that was an understatement!! That is a whole lotta cookies!! Good girl! So nice to hear you had a great day yesterday. Have another one today!

I woke up this morning with a sore throat..yuk! I think it's the heater..hopefully not getting sick! Guess it's time to look at buying a humidifier. Great--one more way to spend some money!

Elston..never had chili on pasta but it sure sounds good. I must give it a try!

Lacey..nothing like a good comfort food for those cold nights. How is your DH coming along? I sure hope you are both feeling better!!

Charley, have a wonderful cookie baking day!!

Forgot to mention, my fudge turned out perfect this time!!! Horray!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday!!

Old 12-13-2008, 06:52 AM

Charley-good morning-bet with all that baking I'll be able to smell it out here.

Cyn-morning buddy-he's doing okay-on 2 super antibiotics for a month.
That's the saying "red sky at night-sailor's delight, red sky in morning-sailor's take warning."

Old 12-13-2008, 07:17 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,106,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Ok, this reminds me-does everyone know about Frito Pies? We used to make them for the concession stand at football games. It's portable and has all the most desireable food groups: grease, fat, salt, and spices.
You take an individual serving size bag of Fritos, open the top and give them a good smash. Now add a ladle of chili into the bag and top with a ladle of nacho cheese sauce. Eat with a spoon.
We're so far behind the times we JUST got those 2 years ago at our concession stand.... They did go over pretty well, it was interesting to find out that the food service company actually makes specific frito bags and chili for this.

Old 12-13-2008, 07:18 AM

601 posts, read 1,907,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Ok, this reminds me-does everyone know about Frito Pies? We used to make them for the concession stand at football games. It's portable and has all the most desireable food groups: grease, fat, salt, and spices.
You take an individual serving size bag of Fritos, open the top and give them a good smash. Now add a ladle of chili into the bag and top with a ladle of nacho cheese sauce. Eat with a spoon.

My DS loves chili with Fritos!!! He learned to eat them that way at school.
I never heard of it before that.
Going to do a rotisseri chicken tonight....set it and forget it!!!
gravy, mashed spuds (for Me!) and steamed spinich with a salad on the side.
Rained last night but as we drove down I5 from Seattle I saw cars with snow on them!!! I'm excited!!! ( how stupid is that????)

Old 12-13-2008, 07:20 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,106,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
DH is making Orange Roughy for dinner tonight. Not sure of the sides yet--will post that later.

Jaxson...that saying you were talking about is one I live by, Ha! More times then not it is right on.....it goes like this:

Red sails in the morning, sailor take warning (storms coming). Red sails at night, sailers delight (no storms). I always watch sunrise to see if the sky is red in appearance and at night I watch the sunset the same way. Weird how it seems to work!
That saying came from certain clouds. If there's clouds forming in the morning the sunrise will be red and at night it's the reverse (at least that's how it's been explained to me).

Lacey, we woke up to a blizzard going on, high winds and cooooooold with some snow thrown in. Watch out y'all, the storm headed your way is a doosie for sure as we've gotten about 8 inches of snow so far and it's supposed to drop to -40.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink