Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2008, 08:12 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,255,561 times

Advertisements

I am so glad everyone had a blessed day yesterday with family and friends. I haven't been on since mid-day Wednesday, even with all the prepping earlier in the week there was so much to do. We neer even made it to Outback for dinner Wednesday night, wound up having leftover pork chops.
T'giving was wonderful, invigorating and exhausting, the kitchen was finally cleaned up by 9:30. This is the first time ever that I have very little leftovers, the stuffing is gone and a small amount of turkey is left, I think I may have 2-3 manicotti. I will be making the turkey soup this afternoon. I have the kitchen window open and the fans on now--I have the stove in the self-clean mode--what a smell. I decided to bake the bacon at 400 yesterday and you guessed it, grease all over the oven. We should all get together with all of our leftovers--elston any leftover lobster?
Have a wonderful afternoon everyone, I'll check back later, time to empty the dishwasher for the 4th time.
Dinner tonight--leftover cheesecake.

Old 11-28-2008, 08:12 AM

4,604 posts, read 5,783,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Suppah tonight will be Lobster Risotto.......(I have left over lobstah.)
Oh Elston, there's that "L" word again.

Old 11-28-2008, 08:20 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,054,719 times
Tonight's dinner will be something low calorie. Oh wow did I eat yesterday. The diet resumes today!

Old 11-28-2008, 08:22 AM

68,351 posts, read 54,502,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Think I'll be joining you burdell....even my dog wants to go on his morning walk already to work off some of his Thanksgiving goodies. Yes, even my animals got to celebrate a bit. My Parrot got a part of a baked potatoe and some apple, the cats got a taste of some turkey and of course extra food put out for the ferals and the dog got a special beef bone plus a little taste of turkey meat---no turkey bones for anyone of course!! So with the animals all full and happy we did our share of eating too yesterday so that means today we all must do a little bit of extra exercise! Ha! Now to get the Parrot to exercise!!!!

I'm sure your animals are celebrating being loved and cared for.....BRAVA!

Just how to you get a parrot to exercise? IMWTK

Old 11-28-2008, 08:39 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,340,390 times
Ha burdell! That is a good question. My answer..vacuume around her cage and she goes crazy talking and hanging from the top of her cage. I don't know what it is but she loves the vacuume. Plus I get my carpets clean at the same time. We both get out exercise that way!!! She is a kick to watch and listen to. She has picked up a few words I'd rather she hadn't! My husband has a problem with saying some things that would be best left out of her vocabulary! He doesn't say them to her or on purpose the words just slip out when he is doing some projects...and they are used with such an emphasis she really hears it!! I try to ignore that hoping she will forget it...ha! Not likely!!

Old 11-28-2008, 08:56 AM

48,218 posts, read 22,039,104 times
Quote:
Ha burdell! That is a good question. My answer..vacuume around her cage and she goes crazy talking and hanging from the top of her cage. I don't know what it is but she loves the vacuume. Plus I get my carpets clean at the same time. We both get out exercise that way!!! She is a kick to watch and listen to. She has picked up a few words I'd rather she hadn't! My husband has a problem with saying some things that would be best left out of her vocabulary! He doesn't say them to her or on purpose the words just slip out when he is doing some projects...and they are used with such an emphasis she really hears it!! I try to ignore that hoping she will forget it...ha! Not likely!!
There are lots jokes and stories about the little old lady who got the sea captains parrot!!!

Old 11-28-2008, 08:59 AM

68,351 posts, read 54,502,307 times
Quote:

So THAT's the secret to clean carpets , I need to get a parrot!

I'm hoping if I manage to sell my house and move that there'll be a parrot rescue group where ever I end up. Probably my favorite animals other than Siberian/Bengal Tigers and a little more house friendly

Old 11-28-2008, 09:03 AM

3,533 posts, read 12,313,045 times
i think we'll have hhhmmmm....turkey...lmao....rotf

Old 11-28-2008, 09:30 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,753,371 times
I bet noone guessed that today's dinner will be turkey. Gobbler wraps.
I think I will go get some pie crusts though and make and freeze some turkey pot pies....

Cyn your bird sounds like a real hoot!

Old 11-28-2008, 09:42 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,340,390 times
It was so very cool this morning....our dear neighbor brought us a whole bucket of fresh pecans he'd picked up from a friends yard just for my little "Sadie" (my Parrot)! She is one happy camper!! Yes, she is quite a character. The house never seems empty with her here. She is a real "pill" with the cats too...she does her best to grab a tail if they pass to close to her cage! They have a lot of well-deserved respect for her!! Ha!

Sigh....no turkey leftovers here but DH is going to make a turkey this next week hopefully. That is the one thing I do miss about having Thanksgiving here. I sure don't miss all the clean-up though! Ha! Tonight is pork chops with some of my homemade applesauce, baked sweet potatoes and brussle sprouts. I have a very busy day planned---cleaning--oh just my favorite thing to do--but someone has to do it and I sure don't see that "cleaning-fairy" anywhere around!! I will check in later...........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.