Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2008, 07:42 PM

48,149 posts, read 22,013,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemkeeper View Post
Gosh, VP. I had just assumed that someone walked by the cart, took your wallet out and then this man saw the ransacked purse there in the cart. It never dawned on me that the man returning the purse would have been the thief as well!!

I guess I am more gullible than I thought. What rock do these kind of people crawl out from under???
That was my assumption too.......and couldnt it be correct???? But if I found it.....I think I would have called to say.....I have your purse I found it ........ Now I don't know what to think.

Old 11-23-2008, 07:42 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,627,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
So sorry VP!

We had fresh appaloosa catfish, fried outside on the patio over an open flame. Hushpuppies to die for. Homemade coleslaw that was the best, if I do say so myself (shhh, secret to doin it right!) Sweet tea and fresh lemons out of the back yard!

Pinch me! I must be dreamin!
You must be because you didn't share.

Old 11-23-2008, 07:53 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,872,241 times
Kats, you were able to cook outside? Today? Really? Like, actually outside.... where the wind blows? Under the stars? Without turning into a popscicle? There was no snow? It was warm enough? you didn't freeze?

Sounds like a dream to me.....

Old 11-23-2008, 07:54 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,137,749 times
Not to belabor the point, VP. But, you did call the police, didn't you? They will obviously check out this guy. Do you have his name or number or anything? Geesh, now I am getting paranoid. Be safe, VP. Chairs under the doorknobs tonight.

I was thinking like you were at first, elston. What else would a person do, but return the purse? But, as VP said - she called HER cellphone and this guy answered. Hmmm. A real life mystery. Call CSI!!!

And, Kats, we do expect you to share your recipe, if not your great dinner! Right, Noma?

Old 11-23-2008, 08:02 PM

3,074 posts, read 8,027,436 times
I had a nice day. Wife and I both have colds so we decided to drive down the road to a local diner at a fishing marina and both wound up ordering beef tips and rice. Delicious, the best in town. I had slaw and lima beans for sides. She had salad and sweet potatoes. Both had choc. cream pie for desert. yum!

For supper we all 3 had (daughter didn't go with us) fettucine Alfredo. Not really homemade but out of a jar. Would like some with tortellini sometime.

Old 11-23-2008, 08:03 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,295,822 times
Noma, LOL! We sure had plenty left over! We were "wonderin what the po folks was doing tonight"!

Gem, the coleslaw I make is really simple!

COLESLAW

1 package angel hair cabbage/slaw (over there with the prepackaged lettuce. You can do it yourself, but....WHY?)

Marzhetti's cole slaw dressing (Simply NO substitutions!)
Kraft Mayo (AGAIN, NO substitutions!)
Sweet Pickles (optional - sometimes I do, sometimes I don't)

Place cabbage in big bowl. Dice sweet pickles and add just a few. (I use my Mom's homemade sweet pickles when I add them!) Add equal parts Marzhetti's and mayo. Um......Probably start with a Heaping Tablespoon of each. Taste, and add more of each if you like. (I like lots of "dressing" in my coleslaw, so I will continue adding equal parts until it is just right to me.) Be careful not to add too much, since it seems that after the slaw sits a while, there will be more dressing than you think. You can always add more if needed.

Hope you like it!

Old 11-23-2008, 08:08 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,796,550 times
Quote:
COLESLAW
That sounds delicious.

Old 11-23-2008, 08:08 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,295,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Kats, you were able to cook outside? Today? Really? Like, actually outside.... where the wind blows? Under the stars? Without turning into a popscicle? There was no snow? It was warm enough? you didn't freeze?

Sounds like a dream to me.....
Yes! It was probably high 60's low 70's and I had soooo much fun! Watchin my Dad cook up that fish he had caught and cleaned, and me and Mom mixin up the hushpuppie batter. Brought back BIG memories and I relished every single moment!!!!!

LOL, don't rely on my weather reporting skills! I am always HOT!!!!!!!!!!! I hate it!!!!!!!! so, it could actually be cooler than I think! LOL

Old 11-23-2008, 08:14 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,627,821 times
Noma, LOL! We sure had plenty left over! We were "wonderin what the po folks was doing tonight"!

Well this po boy had chili. Was sooo good. Just cool enough to appreciate. About 60° or so. I don't remember now but cool not cold.

Old 11-23-2008, 08:16 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,872,241 times
Quote:
Yes! It was probably high 60's low 70's and I had soooo much fun! Watchin my Dad cook up that fish he had caught and cleaned, and me and Mom mixin up the hushpuppie batter. Brought back BIG memories and I relished every single moment!!!!!

LOL, don't rely on my weather reporting skills! I always HOT!!!!!!!!!!! I hate it!!!!!!!! so, it could actually be cooler than I think! LOL
Oh, so glad you had a good night.... sounds like tons of fun.... Makes for good memories and there is nothing better than family, food and fun.....

Now, I am going to get warm.... I have all eleven boxes of flooring sitting in the family room for the next two days and one of the heat runs is covered up in the family room and I am FREEZING! Getting my butt under a blanket.... Have a great night all......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.