Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2008, 07:36 AM

48,123 posts, read 21,999,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Have tried Humanely reared meat ? I always try to buy from a humane butcher who is clear about the provenance and means of animal husbandry. I don't know if you can get these in the US? Basically the animals are reared in pastures, roam freely and are free of all chemicals. They are also not reared intensively and the meat tastes better too. They basically live a happy, healthy life until slaughter.

I also always ask the provenance of the fish and meat in restaurants.

Eat Wild
Thank you Mooseketeer; I think that would be better....it is the suffering and cruelty that most upsets me. I am a realist and know it is natural to eat meat. You are absolutely right, that which is unnatural and not alright are factory farms and mass slaughter houses.

I do promise not to keep bringing it up, (and I dont even want to think about fish and shell fish feelings and emotions).

Old 02-21-2008, 07:43 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times
Morning all-no clue for dinner yet. DH has appointment with oral surgeon for tooth extraction so it could be omelets.

Old 02-21-2008, 07:47 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,943,791 times
mmmm....omelets sound good! I will definitely be having one for breakfast this weekend with leftover veggies and some fake crab meat. I also have been craving everything bagels with light veggie cream cheese so I picked some up at the store yesterday.....

tonight's dinner will be grilled chicken breasts with my bf's grandpa's special bbq sauce, rice and mushrooms cooked in chicken stock and rosemary, and the rest of that asparagus we have been trying to eat up!

Old 02-21-2008, 08:01 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,305,220 times
Tonight is lasagna with garlic toast and a salad. I am so hungry already and it's still morning!!

Old 02-21-2008, 08:44 AM

8,893 posts, read 4,542,946 times
Morning everyone, my hubby is cooking today, yeah!!! He's making corned beef and cabbage, can't wait to eat.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:03 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,211,454 times
Morning all, I think tonight I am going to do soup and salad. Not sure what kind yet, but I am leaning toward spicy black bean.

Just have to share an aside....my oldest son is frequently a target of bullies at school and we have recently put him tai kwon do(spelling) well long story short a kid tried to beat him up at school today because he wouldn't give him his seat and Hurrah he didn't lose his temper or fight back but went and found a teacher. Yea!!!I am so proud he that he stood his ground and showed self control and didn't excelerate the incident. I am such a proud mama this morning!!!!

Old 02-21-2008, 09:13 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,305,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohouston View Post
Morning all, I think tonight I am going to do soup and salad. Not sure what kind yet, but I am leaning toward spicy black bean.

Just have to share an aside....my oldest son is frequently a target of bullies at school and we have recently put him tai kwon do(spelling) well long story short a kid tried to beat him up at school today because he wouldn't give him his seat and Hurrah he didn't lose his temper or fight back but went and found a teacher. Yea!!!I am so proud he that he stood his ground and showed self control and didn't excelerate the incident. I am such a proud mama this morning!!!!
You have much to be proud of. Even for an adult it is hard to have self-control. Good boy!! He will indeed turn out to be a wonderful adult!!

Old 02-21-2008, 09:18 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,211,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
You have much to be proud of. Even for an adult it is hard to have self-control. Good boy!! He will indeed turn out to be a wonderful adult!!

I am so proud...he has adhd and we just switched meds and I wasn't sure how his temper would be on this new medicine (afraid it would make it worse). But he held it and all is good. Yeah for him!!!!

Old 02-21-2008, 09:36 AM

48,123 posts, read 21,999,038 times
Moving to Houston: Thats a fine young man you got there! Congratulations! Attaboy!

Old 02-21-2008, 09:38 AM

1,969 posts, read 5,957,604 times
movingtohouston that is great news! its so exciting when you have struggled with kids - even kids without adhd - and then it seems that suddenly something has clicked for them. Its wonderful! I'm happy for you, and most of all happy for him. He must be on cloud 9 today knowing that he made that decision! I hope this med works for him. I don't have any children with adhd, but I did babysit for one, and I know that trying to find the right meds can be horrible. Good luck with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink