Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 07:22 PM

355 posts, read 2,703,951 times

Advertisements

Hi , I have been on many diets in the last few years and none of them have seemed to work . The weight loss was either to slow or the diet was too hard to follow . I came across a diet a few weeks ago on the internet that advertised that you would lose 18 pounds in 4 days by just beng on this diet . The only catch is that you must pay $37 to download the diet onto your computer . I have asked other people I know about their opinions about this diet and most people think it is a scam to get my money or to steal my credit card number and steal my idenity or something . But I keep wondering if it could actually work or if it is just a scam . If one of you would like to try it for yourself or give me your opinion about it , please do . I am very desperate to know if this diet will work or not . It sounds so good , but may turn out to be very bad . I would like you all to look at the website to see if it looks leginiment or looks like a scam in your opinion . The website is Lose 18Lbs in 4 Days! . Please give me your opinions or better yet , your results on this diet .

Old 10-03-2007, 01:56 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,291,990 times
You can't lose 18 pounds of fat in 4 days. You can lose ALOT of water weight in 4 days, but it will come back as soon as you eat anything with salt again.

Your best bet is to try this: Eat less, exercise more. Take in less calories and move around alot! That is the only proven thing that works. There is always someone out there trying to make a buck on people desperate to lose weight fast.
For every 3,500 calories you don't eat, that's one pound of weight gone.

Old 10-03-2007, 06:12 AM

3,484 posts, read 9,423,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
You can't lose 18 pounds of fat in 4 days. You can lose ALOT of water weight in 4 days, but it will come back as soon as you eat anything with salt again.

Your best bet is to try this: Eat less, exercise more. Take in less calories and move around alot! That is the only proven thing that works. There is always someone out there trying to make a buck on people desperate to lose weight fast.

I totally agree with this entire post.

Not only is it not possible to lose that much weight that quickly, but if you did it would be a terribly unhealthy way to do so. If you want to lose weight and keep it off you have to make lifestyle changes, not some fad diet that you can't stick with forever. A fad diet can shed the pounds but they will come right back since you won't be on the fad diet forever. Cut your portion sizes and make better choices (whole grains instead of white bread, brown rice vs. white rice, lean meats, broil or grill instead of fry). If you don't exercise, start. Even walking a couple miles a day will do the trick, you don't even have to do it all at once. You can break up walking spurts into 15 minute blocks if you need to.

Please don't let the diet industry make a buck off of you, it is such a blatant scam.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post

I agree with every thing you said . I can not believe I thought that I could lose 18 pounds of FAT in 4 days . I guess I have been trying to lose weight for so long , it sounds like a miracle to lose 18 pounds in 4 days . Thanks for your helpful advice .

Old 10-03-2007, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mels View Post
I totally agree with this entire post.

Not only is it not possible to lose that much weight that quickly, but if you did it would be a terribly unhealthy way to do so. If you want to lose weight and keep it off you have to make lifestyle changes, not some fad diet that you can't stick with forever. A fad diet can shed the pounds but they will come right back since you won't be on the fad diet forever. Cut your portion sizes and make better choices (whole grains instead of white bread, brown rice vs. white rice, lean meats, broil or grill instead of fry). If you don't exercise, start. Even walking a couple miles a day will do the trick, you don't even have to do it all at once. You can break up walking spurts into 15 minute blocks if you need to.

Please don't let the diet industry make a buck off of you, it is such a blatant scam.
Thank you so much for your advice .

Old 10-03-2007, 05:23 PM

1,895 posts, read 5,902,988 times
Something to consider (that always perplexes me...): Why try so many different "diets" (I'm assuming to lose weight and logically keep it off) when it seems to make sense that if you made permanent (healthy) changes to your every day diet, the weight would come down and (the best part) stay off? The problem with thinking of a diet to "go on" is often that a person is looking forward to then "going off" of the diet once they lose x number of pounds or inches, and then reverting back to the same eating patterns that lead to the weight gain in the first place. Even in you cut 100 calories per day from the foods that you already eat, you would likely lose 20 pounds in a year, and keep it off.. Making small, permanent changes in your diet with health in mind is probably going to be much more beneficial to you in the long run than any fad diet.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerislesmile View Post
Something to consider (that always perplexes me...): Why try so many different "diets" (I'm assuming to lose weight and logically keep it off) when it seems to make sense that if you made permanent (healthy) changes to your every day diet, the weight would come down and (the best part) stay off? The problem with thinking of a diet to "go on" is often that a person is looking forward to then "going off" of the diet once they lose x number of pounds or inches, and then reverting back to the same eating patterns that lead to the weight gain in the first place. Even in you cut 100 calories per day from the foods that you already eat, you would likely lose 20 pounds in a year, and keep it off.. Making small, permanent changes in your diet with health in mind is probably going to be much more beneficial to you in the long run than any fad diet.
Thank you . I really appreciate your advice . I think the reason I fell in love with the idea of losing 18 pounds in 4 days is because I am a very impatient person and I want results nearly overnight . I also think that is the reason why so many of my diets fail , because I am so impatient , I give up after a few weeks because the weight loss is to slow for my patience . Between all the diets , comes more weight . I am not trying to make excuses , but am just trying to find the reason why so many of my diets fail .

Old 10-04-2007, 04:34 AM

1,895 posts, read 5,902,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashcash23 View Post
Thank you . I really appreciate your advice . I think the reason I fell in love with the idea of losing 18 pounds in 4 days is because I am a very impatient person and I want results nearly overnight . I also think that is the reason why so many of my diets fail , because I am so impatient , I give up after a few weeks because the weight loss is to slow for my patience . Between all the diets , comes more weight . I am not trying to make excuses , but am just trying to find the reason why so many of my diets fail .

Just so you know- I was picking on you, specifically. I just see so many people searching for YEARS for that "quick fix" to their long-term bad eating habits. And they may find it- I'm sure there are actually people who drop a lot of weight really fast. However, most all research tells us that not only is this hard on the body, but the majority of people will gain that weight right back as soon as they resume their "normal" eating patterns.

You already have a diet. Whether it be good or bad, your "diet" is really nothing more than the food you eat, whether it's your normal pattern, or one ripped from the back page of a tabloid that makes some good promises. Stupidly simple suggestion, but it may help to change the terminology in your own head- instead of using that AWFUL word "diet", perhaps think of it as a eating plan, or even (horror!) a plan for healthier living. Instead of reminding yourself of what you can't be eating (which leads to resentment and binge eating, and ultimately failure of implementing a healthy eating plan), change your focus to what you *can* be eating and how good it is to your body. I know- easier said than done..

I'll stop talking now- healthy food education is my job, so I tend to go on and on about it.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerislesmile View Post
Just so you know- I was picking on you, specifically. I just see so many people searching for YEARS for that "quick fix" to their long-term bad eating habits. And they may find it- I'm sure there are actually people who drop a lot of weight really fast. However, most all research tells us that not only is this hard on the body, but the majority of people will gain that weight right back as soon as they resume their "normal" eating patterns.

You already have a diet. Whether it be good or bad, your "diet" is really nothing more than the food you eat, whether it's your normal pattern, or one ripped from the back page of a tabloid that makes some good promises. Stupidly simple suggestion, but it may help to change the terminology in your own head- instead of using that AWFUL word "diet", perhaps think of it as a eating plan, or even (horror!) a plan for healthier living. Instead of reminding yourself of what you can't be eating (which leads to resentment and binge eating, and ultimately failure of implementing a healthy eating plan), change your focus to what you *can* be eating and how good it is to your body. I know- easier said than done..

I'll stop talking now- healthy food education is my job, so I tend to go on and on about it.
Even if you were picking on me , I still appreciate what you say . It is really helping . I really like the idea of not even calling it a diet . I am going to start eating healthy starting Monday . I will not eat any snack cakes , no candy , no junk food at all . I am going to increase my excercise habits and just eat healthy and stay eating healthy . Now , there is a chance that I might not be able to stick with this , but if I don't , I will just try again until I stick with it . I refuse to give up this time . I pray this works , I have already emptied my house free of any junk food . I am ready to stick with my new healthy lifestlye .

Old 10-04-2007, 07:02 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,189,107 times
Good for you!!! One trick that has helped both my husband and I lose weight and Keep it off, is to eat our main meal at lunch and then only cereal or a light sandwich for the evening meal. No snacking. We also started using salad plates instead of full size dinner plates. It's too easy to pile the food on a big plate.

You can easily lose 1/2lb per week, without getting hungry. which doesn't sound like much, but it's a safe loss and it equals about 25 pounds in a year. That's dropping a couple of dress sizes.

Remember, if you don't buy it, you can't eat it either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink