Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 08:42 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,897,164 times

Advertisements

I couple of years ago I found an "Elvis Presley" version of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. They had a picture of the King on the package, and they contained chocolate, peanut butter, and a layer of banana cream. They were actually pretty good. Almost better than the usual ones, which are normally one of my favorites. But those kind of flavors mix together pretty well already.

I was mostly surprised that they even had the nerve to release such a product. It was obviously done in a humorous way, regardless of how good it tasted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2011, 10:46 PM

4,468 posts, read 8,017,101 times
Hey wait: I love PB and sliced sweet pickles on white bread or white toast...
and a glass of milk...sweet dreams
HW

Old 12-09-2011, 05:14 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,091,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I couple of years ago I found an "Elvis Presley" version of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. They had a picture of the King on the package, and they contained chocolate, peanut butter, and a layer of banana cream. They were actually pretty good. Almost better than the usual ones, which are normally one of my favorites. But those kind of flavors mix together pretty well already.

I was mostly surprised that they even had the nerve to release such a product. It was obviously done in a humorous way, regardless of how good it tasted.
I miss those...

Old 12-10-2011, 04:36 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,119,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I was on the elevator tonight and the lady was telling, a younger guy, that appeared to could have been her son, that the only think she had eaten to day was a pickle and peanut butter sandwich.
If you quoted her correctly, the pickle was not necessarily a part of the sandwich ingredients, nor can you leap to the conclusion that they were eaten at the same time. Maybe the pickle was during her break, and the sandwich was for lunch. What if she had said "a coke and peanut butter sandwich"?

Old 12-10-2011, 06:15 PM

4,468 posts, read 8,017,101 times
Oh and sweet pickles w/ pnut butter and a leaf of lettuce w/mayo++

Old 12-10-2011, 06:37 PM

467 posts, read 714,172 times
I've never tried one, but I might when I go to college and I'm feeling adventurous.

Old 12-11-2011, 02:07 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,078,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
I miss those...
I missed them completely. I never even heard of them until now.

They sure sound like they were really good.

Old 12-11-2011, 04:06 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,972,611 times
I like PB and bacon sandwiches on white toast. I like cranberry sauce on my turkey sandwiches. I like cheese and pickle sandwiches. Now, I'm going to expand my repertoire and try PB and pickle. I'll start with half a sandwich to test it out.

BTW, the PB, bacon and banana sandwiches that Elvis loved were fried, much like a grilled cheese sandwich.

Anyone here ever tried a Fluffernutter?

Old 12-11-2011, 04:06 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,119,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post

I tried Googling it. Does that count?

Old 12-11-2011, 04:28 PM

18,951 posts, read 11,615,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
I like PB and bacon sandwiches on white toast. I like cranberry sauce on my turkey sandwiches. I like cheese and pickle sandwiches. Now, I'm going to expand my repertoire and try PB and pickle. I'll start with half a sandwich to test it out.

BTW, the PB, bacon and banana sandwiches that Elvis loved were fried, much like a grilled cheese sandwich.

Loved fluffernutters - try one of those with bacon also sometime - y-u-umm! I'm with you on the cranberry sauce & turkey (preferably chicken, actually). CB sauce also is good with a meatloaf sandwich (and bacon!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink