Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 08:46 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,271,525 times

Advertisements

Which do you prefer, Olive Garden or Johnny Carino's? We have both here and I have to say JC still beats Olive Garden hands down! OG will nickel and dime you for stuff that is automatic at JC, not to mention you get more food and better quality at Johnny Carino's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2007, 09:07 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Which do you prefer, Olive Garden or Johnny Carino's? We have both here and I have to say JC still beats Olive Garden hands down! OG will nickel and dime you for stuff that is automatic at JC, not to mention you get more food and better quality at Johnny Carino's.

I don't think we have Canno's in the east, in northern NJ I prefer some of the many little mom & pop holes in the wall for good, everyday Italian style cooking.

Old 07-23-2007, 09:15 AM

Location: My heart is in Wyoming, my body is soon to follow.....
745 posts, read 4,066,583 times
If I had my choice I'd be in New York at Rao's, I buy their sauce and let me tell you I can eat that stuff right out of the jar with a spoon. My three year old daughter feels the same way about it!

I've never been to Johnny Carino's, we've always been happy at OG. I think it depends on what you order though, I mean you don't get lasagna or spaghetti at a place like this. You have to try something a little different to get something good.

Old 07-23-2007, 09:37 AM

17 posts, read 37,306 times
Ciao, any of you have ever visit Iatly?
well I can tell you that the food is much different, and in Italy we do not know what is the alfredo sauce....

Old 07-23-2007, 10:14 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,271,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elisa` View Post
Ciao, any of you have ever visit Iatly?
well I can tell you that the food is much different, and in Italy we do not know what is the alfredo sauce....
I have not been to Italy, but certainly hope to visit Europe some day.

Old 07-23-2007, 10:36 AM

859 posts, read 3,322,182 times
Ugghhh...

I hate ALL chain Italian places. I only eat them in a pinch or if other people want to go. The OG has the lowest quality Italian food I have ever tasted. The breadstick is the best thing there.

Long live family owned places for Italian dining.

Old 07-23-2007, 10:42 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,909,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Neither. I'll go to my NY/NJ owned family Italian restaurant any day. I consider Olive Garden road food. Seriously, the last time I had Olive Garden was driving to NY stopping in Florence, SC. I tried Johnny Carinos, and it went out of business in about a year here. They actually were not that bad, just bland.

Old 07-23-2007, 01:09 PM

341 posts, read 1,673,769 times
CHAin restaurants are far from Italian restaurants - always look for a small mom/pop Italian restaurant for the real thing - we have Buca di Peppo and Olive GArden, Carberras in Phoenix and it is all fast food - nothing original Italian - but then we have Naples - family owned for 22 years (closing now- toobad) that was great, fresh and authentic.
I am an original Boston Italian and let me tell you NY and Boston has got the best authentic foods.

Old 07-23-2007, 02:57 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,902,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissSunshine View Post
Ugghhh...

I hate ALL chain Italian places. I only eat them in a pinch or if other people want to go. The OG has the lowest quality Italian food I have ever tasted. The breadstick is the best thing there.

Long live family owned places for Italian dining.
I don't like the breadsticks anymore. They used to be awesome, soft and warm with just the right amount of garlic powder on top. Now it's like they come already cooked and they just warm them in the oven and they don't even do a good job with that.

Old 07-23-2007, 03:17 PM

41,965 posts, read 75,205,836 times
I'll go to a mom and pop (or, grandma and grandpa ) place before I'll consider a chain Italian restaurant. Some of the best are in small towns with good-sized Italian populations -- Steubenville, Ohio, for instance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink