Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 01:31 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,873,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjan1225 View Post
People either like In-N-Out, or they don't. For me, I was raised on it. And the burgers and fries taste exactly the same as they did when I was a kid.

The reasons I like In-N-Out:

-Service is good. Employees are English speaking and are kind and knowledgeable (the Carl's Jr. I occasionally visit has employees that while kind, cannot speak intelligible English).
-The food is freshly prepared. I watch them slice the fries as I wait. The burgers are not super thick and dripping with juice, but I like thin patties.
-I like toasted buns. I've never noticed Carl's Jr. toasting their buns.
-I like the fries. Maybe because I was raised on them. But they beat Carl's Jr.'s new fries and Burger King's fries that aren't even made with potatoes.
-The restaurants are clean. The floors and tables are cleaned constantly. I recently tried Five Guys burgers and was so annoyed at the flies buzzing around my head...INSIDE.
-I often have difficulties choosing between a chocolate, vanilla, or strawberry shake. In-N-Out makes a Neopolitan shake that combines all three. Voila. Makes me happy.
-If you want to taste the freshness of their food, get your burger protein style. The patty, cheese, tomatoes and sauce come wrapped in the lettuce without the buns. I always have them add pickles and find this to be less filling and a better way to really appreciate the meat and veggies.

And those are my reasons why In-N-Out is my #1. If you don't like it...stick with McDonalds. The lines at In-N-Out are too long anyway.

I grew up in CA so I grew up eating at In-N-Out Burger also
I didn't know they will combine Vanilla/Strawberry/Chocolate into a shake- Cool- good to know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 01:37 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,942,750 times
I am also one of those who thinks In-N-Out burgers are totally overrated.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:36 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,294,923 times
They're freshly prepared (none of that microwave-to-bag bull$hit), produce is good 'n' fresh, and I appreciate that they butter and toast the bun ~ it adds that extra "flavor".

My only complaint is that I think the patties are way too thin.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:47 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,931,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
And they all think Sonic is not that good.
One of the worst excuses for a burger I've ever had was from the Sonic in Tulare, CA. But since it was my one and only experience with Sonic, I'm going to give the franchise another try before I label them inedible. There's a new one in the next town over from me, so I'll be hitting it up for a second go.

Old 08-24-2010, 11:13 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,018,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
One of the worst excuses for a burger I've ever had was from the Sonic in Tulare, CA. But since it was my one and only experience with Sonic, I'm going to give the franchise another try before I label them inedible. There's a new one in the next town over from me, so I'll be hitting it up for a second go.
Super Sonic, Texas Toast, whatever condiments you want. Must have cheese present.

Old 08-24-2010, 11:58 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,931,898 times
I see that's the "Bacon Cheeseburger TOASTER® Sandwich", and it does look delicious. I'll be ordering that with a medium order of chili cheese tater tots and a large cherry limeade.

That should spike my sodium levels to the near-fatal level.

Old 08-25-2010, 06:31 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,016,638 times
Quote:
I see that's the "Bacon Cheeseburger TOASTER® Sandwich", and it does look delicious. I'll be ordering that with a medium order of chili cheese tater tots and a large cherry limeade.

Wait for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Old 08-25-2010, 04:11 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,885,005 times
I think Sonic and In-and-Out burgers seem very similar, I'm not a fan.

But for some reason I love burgers from Del Taco. I know they are crappy, but for some reason I always get them. Maybe because when I was broke without a driver's license for a year it was the closest food establishment and it was cheap. Plus it is open 24/7 and great drunk food, and who doesn't like a burger and a burrito and a fish taco with loaded chili fries when they're wasted?

Old 08-25-2010, 08:40 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,494,931 times
Quote:
Sonic makes a pretty mediocre burger. I do love living near Sonic for their Route 44 Cherry Limeades though.

Old 08-25-2010, 09:43 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,018,597 times
Quote:

No no no no. Order it exactly like I said it. Super SONIC on Texas Toast. It's not the same as the TOASTER. The TOASTER is fine, but the Super SONIC is superior on Texas Toast, IMO. And make sure they actually TOAST the Toast, sometimes they give it to you just browned and soggy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink