Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 02:14 PM

7 posts, read 13,627 times

Advertisements

Well I have been listed for 3 days in Tampa and we have had only 3 people come see the house. We are priced at $469,900 (below appraised value). I need this house to sell by The end of September. We have decided to go ahead and offer a new appliance package. Everyone who sees the home likes it - but there is always something (wanted a better view of the pond, do not like tile in sunroom, not enough land to add a pool and still have play area, etc).

I received reports that interest rates went up on 6/29 adnd may go up again in August. My realtor says our house gets a lot of hits on web but no calls. This size house in this area are listed well over $500,000.

We are trying to decide if we should drop the price in addition to offering the package. All views are welcomed.

Finally, I received a call from Fast Home SOlutions. Has anyone investigated them and have any feedback.

THANKS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2006, 03:58 PM

1,130 posts, read 1,573,472 times
You say that you are only listed for 3 days???
Why not wait for a few weeks. You say you are below other homes in the area. You have to wait for the right buyer. If you have no luck after 2-3 weeks then drop the price. Buyers know it's a buyers market but you can only lower a home so far. If you feel your home is worth what you are asking, then give it time and wait.

Old 07-11-2006, 04:13 PM

810 posts, read 3,307,020 times
Did your realtor tell you that you'd have an offer in 2 days?!?

I agree with bam...just give it some time and the right buyer will come along. Just stay on top of the clutter and keep the debris to a minimum in case you have those last minute showings.

Good luck!

Old 07-11-2006, 06:30 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,073,081 times
After only 3 days on the market,did you expect 20 - 30 showings ¿ Give it at least 3 - 4 weeks to see what happens.

Old 07-11-2006, 08:57 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,696,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambrh
Well I have been listed for 3 days in Tampa and we have had only 3 people come see the house. We are priced at $469,900 (below appraised value). I need this house to sell by The end of September. We have decided to go ahead and offer a new appliance package. Everyone who sees the home likes it - but there is always something (wanted a better view of the pond, do not like tile in sunroom, not enough land to add a pool and still have play area, etc).

I received reports that interest rates went up on 6/29 adnd may go up again in August. My realtor says our house gets a lot of hits on web but no calls. This size house in this area are listed well over $500,000.

We are trying to decide if we should drop the price in addition to offering the package. All views are welcomed.

Finally, I received a call from Fast Home SOlutions. Has anyone investigated them and have any feedback.

THANKS.
The problem is people have no money, gas, etc., I would after maybe 8 weeks offer a 5,000 tile or carpet package, only if you need to move. kEEP THE SAME PRICE

Old 07-12-2006, 05:07 AM

10 posts, read 30,125 times
Hi,

Having bought and sold numerous houses over the years I feel able to offer some advice.....

Your house will sell.... if you dropped the price to $100 you would have a queue a mile long to buy it so if you want to sell it today you have to pick a price between that and the current price.

But, there is plenty of time between now and September to get a good price, people are very fickle and will give very silly reasons for not wanting your home, don't be upset or insulted by it, if we all liked the same thing the world would be boring.....

Be carefull about dropping the price too much below the valuation as this in itself will put people off as they will think there is something wrong with your house.

When people come to view make sure the house is nice and tidy and I'm sure you will find it will sell soon.....

Good luck

Pete

Old 07-12-2006, 06:29 AM

5 posts, read 27,969 times
If you must sell by Sep. depending on what you paid for it, you might want to
lower the price ... Drop the price and you'll sell it in a couple of days. But I'm not talking about 10,000.00 .. if you must sell , The problem in south florida and tampa area. The jerks from up north (new york) flooded the market
here for the last year and homes that were 80 to 100 are know in the 250's
ins, taxes are sky high. There's alot of people that are going to lose or have to sell their home because of this... DROP THE PRICE LOW ENOUGH AND YOU'LL HAVE A BIDDING WAR FOR YOUR HOME

Old 07-12-2006, 07:13 AM

7 posts, read 13,627 times
Unhappy Slow market - is dropping the price the answer

Well I have been listed for 50 days in Tampa and we have had only 3 people come see the house. We dropped our price twice and are now we are priced at $469,900 (below appraised value). I need this house to sell by The end of September. We have decided to go ahead and offer a new appliance package. Everyone who sees the home likes it - but there is always something (wanted a better view of the pond, do not like tile in sunroom, not enough land to add a pool and still have play area, etc).

THANKS.

Old 07-12-2006, 09:07 AM

85 posts, read 566,940 times
Wink make up your mind

one of your threads say you have been listed for 3 days and only 3 people have came to see your house. Then your other thread states that you have had your house listed for 50 days and only 3 people have came to look at it.
Which is it, 3 days or 50 days.
Which ever, hang in there and the right person that would like to purchase a home like the one you have to offer will come along and it will be perfect for them.
Remember why lower the price any lower and then give it away to someone who really does not want the house to live in but only to hold on to and resell it to make the money you should have made.

Old 07-12-2006, 10:57 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,448,326 times
I believe you may have mistakenly put down 3 days because you had 3 showings. If it is 50 days already, you may be right in dropping your price a bit OR offering more with it. My choice would be to drop the price. If there's any possible way that you don't have to sell by Sept., you can hang with the price you're at. Have you considered renting an apartment or condo when you move? That's about the only way you could get the price for your house that you want. You could always buy another home after yours is sold if you would consider that option. Good luck to you and keep us posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: