Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 11:49 AM

1,130 posts, read 1,572,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatwins
If you must sell by Sep. depending on what you paid for it, you might want to
lower the price ... Drop the price and you'll sell it in a couple of days. But I'm not talking about 10,000.00 .. if you must sell , The problem in south florida and tampa area. The jerks from up north (new york) flooded the market
here for the last year and homes that were 80 to 100 are know in the 250's
ins, taxes are sky high. There's alot of people that are going to lose or have to sell their home because of this... DROP THE PRICE LOW ENOUGH AND YOU'LL HAVE A BIDDING WAR FOR YOUR HOME
You know you can't blame the New York people. It's just the way the market was at that time. You shouldn't judge people either~!

I say stop dropping the prices! There is a buyer for every home as long as it's prices accordingly.

Last edited by Marka; 07-12-2006 at 12:00 PM.. Reason: merged
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2006, 01:27 PM

7 posts, read 13,626 times
Default ERROR - IT SHOULD READ 50 days

I meant to type I have been on the market 50 days. For those of you who recognized that thank you.

Old 07-12-2006, 01:33 PM

1,130 posts, read 1,572,055 times
Hey Lamb,
We are just sitting around scratching our heads as what to do. Man, if our families all lived down here, I wouldn't leave at all. I think Florida is worth every penny we can get. Heck, we are gonna snowbird down here when the house sells. Hold your price for a bit longer. We lowered ours 3 weeks after we listed it by 40k and only had 2 bites. geez

Old 07-13-2006, 10:05 AM

11 posts, read 81,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambrh
Well I have been listed for 50 days in Tampa and we have had only 3 people come see the house. We dropped our price twice and are now we are priced at $469,900 (below appraised value). I need this house to sell by The end of September. We have decided to go ahead and offer a new appliance package. Everyone who sees the home likes it - but there is always something (wanted a better view of the pond, do not like tile in sunroom, not enough land to add a pool and still have play area, etc).

I received reports that interest rates went up on 6/29 adnd may go up again in August. My realtor says our house gets a lot of hits on web but no calls. This size house in this area are listed well over $500,000.

We are trying to decide if we should drop the price in addition to offering the package. All views are welcomed.

Finally, I received a call from Fast Home SOlutions. Has anyone investigated them and have any feedback.

THANKS.

I suggest you to see if your home is overpriced go to this website www.zillow.com to see your homes value + to check out comparable homes in the area, and see what has recently been sold. All free
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: