Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 04:12 AM

495 posts, read 2,331,337 times

Advertisements

Lordy! The weather sure turned nice all of a sudden. My AC is broke in the house and the other day it was 88 inside the house at sunset and tonite it is cool enuf for a blanket on the bed!

Enjoy this weather while it lasts for the heat is just around the corner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2007, 04:24 AM

504 posts, read 1,765,516 times
I am thankful for this gift, got up this morning walked outside to my office and left the door open. I think this year has been the best weather we have had in Florida in years. We need more rain but I don't miss the humidity and pollution that Tampa has been plagued with for years. I know it will be back and I am greatful for this little reprieve before summer.

Old 04-06-2007, 06:26 AM

5 posts, read 22,669 times
The weather has been nice, but it is so if-fy and you have to be careful because this is the kind of weather that you catch pneumonia in. Speaking from personal experience. Enjoy/ be careful.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:32 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,179,791 times
Feels great outside, no bugs, lots of stars, and is the right temp 59 degrees feesl great.....

Old 04-06-2007, 09:26 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,781,121 times
This is it, expect the bad weather to return to Florida, and that will be for at least 7 months. Oh the abundant brush fires, and hopefully storms return in May. Otherwise if May is dry expect a nice BIG one! I was quite disappointed with our "winter" this year. Only 15 days without using the fan. Not good!

Old 04-06-2007, 11:08 PM

669 posts, read 3,196,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
This is it, expect the bad weather to return to Florida, and that will be for at least 7 months. Oh the abundant brush fires, and hopefully storms return in May. Otherwise if May is dry expect a nice BIG one! I was quite disappointed with our "winter" this year. Only 15 days without using the fan. Not good!
What a lovely outlook.

For crying out loud, you live in one of the most southern points in the US. Do you EXPECT to not use your fan?

I'm glad the weather is cool right now, but you just dragged the entire thread down.

Old 04-07-2007, 02:25 AM

1,999 posts, read 1,668,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmurphy View Post
What a lovely outlook.

For crying out loud, you live in one of the most southern points in the US. Do you EXPECT to not use your fan?

I'm glad the weather is cool right now, but you just dragged the entire thread down.
And all along I thought he was a real estate expert, he is now a weatherman...

That is what this poster is all about, dragging people and their dreams down to his level which is miserable.

If you cannot stand the heat the the hell out of the kitchen.

If it is so bad, why the heck are you still there?

Running a fan, my goodness you poor sole, how about having to sit next to a kerosene heater when your power is out many times a month in December and January because of ice storms, then you will know how miserable feels.

It's 23 degrees here right now and he is posting about a fan.........

Old 04-07-2007, 02:40 AM

1,316 posts, read 5,793,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wacahootaman View Post
Lordy! The weather sure turned nice all of a sudden. My AC is broke in the house and the other day it was 88 inside the house at sunset and tonite it is cool enuf for a blanket on the bed!

Enjoy this weather while it lasts for the heat is just around the corner.
Ahhhhhh STUFF it!!!
(You KNOW I'm hating this! It's 57!!!!!!! C'mon 90's, c'mon 90's...)

Old 04-07-2007, 08:44 AM

2,227 posts, read 8,221,877 times
you had to run your fan all winter except for 6 days??? damn man, we ran our a/c hardly at all this winter. it was so nice where i live, we were able to keep a/c and heat costs down a lot. it was always somewhere b/w 70 and 78degrees inside, rarely having to adjust the thermostat.

Old 04-07-2007, 10:56 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,781,121 times
78 degrees is ok if I sit and do nothing, but I am an active guy and it's just too hot. I keep the fans on whenever the temp goes over 74. It's 73 in the house right now, but I have been spending the day climbing trees to cut out dead branches. There's still some damage from the 2005 hurricane season to cut clean! I have kept the windows open the whole time, I refuse to close the windows and deprive my brain of oxygen, like so many people do in Miami. Perhaps that's how they think this is such a great area! I am eating lunch now, and then will be cleaning out the shed, something i have put off for over a year. Oh yes and for those of you who wish for the 90's be sure to contact me when your power is out for weeks and it's in the 90's. You will be so happy won't you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida