Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 08:59 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,832,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacahootaman View Post
Lordy! The weather sure turned nice all of a sudden. My AC is broke in the house and the other day it was 88 inside the house at sunset and tonite it is cool enuf for a blanket on the bed!

Enjoy this weather while it lasts for the heat is just around the corner.
My A/C condenser broke on Thu last week and we had to sleep with towels under our backs on the bed, because it was so hot and humid. That is at night. Getting ready in the morning was a joy. We got out of the shower, turned on this iondustrial strength fan I have and let it blow hard on us to keep us cool. But you still sweat. REmember 6:30am and it's already 75, but it feels much hotter with the 100% humidity.

Have you looked at the weather forecast?? It is going to be a lovely 90 with 100% humidity starting tomorrow (today is 4/9/07) and there is no end in sight for this crappy weather... maybe around Christmas time.

I do not think I can make it through another FL summer. We stopped paying our mortgage this month to let the condo go belly up (foreclosed) and we are getting ready to move. I am serious, one more 9-month summer and I will go postal.

I love cooler weather and FL has none of that until January.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2007, 09:11 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,444,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
I will trade you come Mid-May (less than 6 weeks away) when its 90 degrees and 95% humidity here in Florida. But right now its good.
It might surprise you, but I'd take you up on that. I actually like hot, humid weather. Well, maybe not as hot as Elfyum likes it, BUT I like Florida's weather.

Nirvana, I'm sorry that you decided you had to go into foreclosure. But you actually sound ok with it. Bet it's happening to a lot of people. Where will you be moving to?

Old 04-09-2007, 09:28 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times
It doesn't surprise me that you like hot and humid. I like cold and snowey (Fall, Winter, Spring) weather, but I live in Miami. You know many people from the north think they know what Floridas heat and humidity is like, just as people from Florida may think they know what cold and snow are like to live in (but little do we know, right). The heat and humidity may be similiar in the north, but it lasts a lot longer in Florida that is the problem (how long we have the heat and humidity). It may be hot and humid for three months in the north, but its at least six months (8 months last year in South Florida) in Florida that is the issue IMO.

Old 04-09-2007, 10:15 AM

669 posts, read 3,193,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
My A/C condenser broke on Thu last week and we had to sleep with towels under our backs on the bed, because it was so hot and humid. That is at night. Getting ready in the morning was a joy. We got out of the shower, turned on this iondustrial strength fan I have and let it blow hard on us to keep us cool. But you still sweat. REmember 6:30am and it's already 75, but it feels much hotter with the 100% humidity.

Have you looked at the weather forecast?? It is going to be a lovely 90 with 100% humidity starting tomorrow (today is 4/9/07) and there is no end in sight for this crappy weather... maybe around Christmas time.

I do not think I can make it through another FL summer. We stopped paying our mortgage this month to let the condo go belly up (foreclosed) and we are getting ready to move. I am serious, one more 9-month summer and I will go postal.

I love cooler weather and FL has none of that until January.
Okay, you like cooler weather - why are you in Florida?

Old 04-09-2007, 10:42 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,160,105 times
It was nice this weekend. COOL early AM and towards the evening and nice, warm sunshine during the day. Very comfortable.

I guess I finally got the hang of cooler, not COLD, and it's a welcome change - for a day or two.

Can you imagine what Florida would be like if it was like this all year? The whole world would want a piece of this heaven on earth!

As a side comment, Nirvana Guy seems like a really bright person. Stop paying mortgage because he's tired of the heat. I'm sure there must have been a easier way.

Old 04-09-2007, 02:53 PM

672 posts, read 905,628 times
Northern California. If you really want great weather, that is really the place in the entire country: not below 50s and not above 70s. Plus if you like snow you can always go to the mountains.

I have seen all of it: North, South, Midwest, West.

Old 04-09-2007, 03:19 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,214,223 times
nirvana-guy, letting your condo go belly-up? brilliant.

the weather isnt the reason you dont like fla, i think it's something else. good luck either way.

Old 04-11-2007, 08:42 AM

2 posts, read 3,334 times
I am going to florida next week and am wondering what there is to do in st petersburg Where are the good restaurants and bars? I will be staying at park street north with my elderly dad but am visiting with my boyfriend. Where are the good beaches near there and shopping

Old 04-11-2007, 08:44 AM

2 posts, read 3,334 times
I'm from Canada and live in the north so Your cold front is like summer here [I WISH] It is freezeing here. It is -6 right now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida