Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2007, 12:24 PM

155 posts, read 1,053,107 times

Advertisements

I currently live in upstate NY, and was laid off from my previous job and have taken a menial call center job at ADT for 9-11/hr. I do have a Business Degree 4yrs and was looking at Northport or LAkeland, FL. I was just down there on vacation for 2 weeks and noticed the traffic is horrendous, but the weather is beautiful. However its all about making the bread to support yourself and family. Geico Insurance is in LAkeland,FL, but I'm not too crazy about the schools there. Is it possible to live in Northport if I am not a Doctor, Lawyer, Teacher professional. I really only have callcenter and delivery/customer service experience.

I see houses on Yahoo in Northport, FL are listed for 150K-200K whioch would be in my price range, but the HOI, and taxes are not listed. I guess my question is what do people know abourt Northport, FL or Lakeland Highlands, FL schools, affordable housing in 150K-200K range, and are there only minimum wage jobs if one does not have a professional degree? How much does Publix, pay full time in stores?

If you are a Northport, FL resident or LAkeland, FL resident what type of job do you have and does it coincide with the Cost of lving or is it not really affordable. Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2007, 10:46 AM

523 posts, read 2,830,718 times
If you have call center experience Verizon is hiring, 21.75 per hr top pay, with college degree they give full credit, and all benefits paid for entire family. You could still live in Lakeland.

Last edited by Floridasunshine; 03-10-2007 at 10:48 AM.. Reason: add to

Old 03-10-2007, 11:14 AM

8 posts, read 51,536 times
Personally I have never heard of any call center paying $21.75! My girlfriend worked for call centers: AAA and a Financial Services/well known Brokerage and she never made more than $15.00/hr supervisor pay.

I really like North Port. You can buy a 2169 sq ft home for $200,000. I am considering it. The builders have an excess in Inventory of new homes and are slashing prices!

It is hard to earn a decent living in Fl at first when you come from out of state. At least that was my experience in Orlando. Alot of lower class minimum wage people and then alot in upper class--not much middle class left.

If you get into sales you may be able to earn a good living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida