Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2006, 11:06 AM

1 posts, read 3,945 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am currently in the process of leaving this hell hole of NY State. I have been researching Northport, FL and have some general inquires regading this area to those that have lived there or know about the area. I am married with 2 young children age 7&8, so schools is important to me and I cannot afford to send my kids to private schools, so I am wondering about the public schools in Cranberry, Toledo Blade and Glenallen, any one better than the other or are they all good schools?

Other questions please:

1. I plan on renting a house in the area for the first year to see if, we are happy with it instead of renting an apartment. Can I rent a house in the area for around 1000-1200/mo without a job if I have a good cash flow on hand?

2. What are auto insurance prices like? I currently pay 900/yr for 2 Honda Civics.

3. Are there jobs available in the area in Customer/Service CAll center and what major comapnies are here?

4. How much is HOI, for a house in 150K-200K range as this is all i might be able to afford?

5. What about real estate property taxes, is it true they will not be the same as the taxes listed on a house listing sheet when up for sale? What are the taxes on say a 200K house?

6. Are there houses available on the market 3bed/2bath that are in a good area that I could get for 150K-200K?

7. Is their alot of maintenance on the houses in the summer time due to the humidity?

8. Average gas and electric bills per month?

9. Annual inspection fee for autos? Price?

10. Are there HOA fees?

11. Who are some reputable home builders in the NORTHPORT AREA?

12. Who is cable tv supplier price per month?

13.Is it neccessary to have a pest control service and are bugs bad in Northport?

14.What is well water, isnt there any public water system for the area?

15.Avg price per month for Garbage disposal refuse collection?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2007, 04:39 PM

1 posts, read 3,947 times
Default np

1. I plan on renting a house in the area for the first year to see if, we are happy with it instead of renting an apartment. Can I rent a house in the area for around 1000-1200/mo without a job if I have a good cash flow on hand?

Yes you can. Average rent for a new home is $1200. The housing market is so slow now there are many houses sitting empty. Great time to buy.

2. What are auto insurance prices like? I currently pay 900/yr for 2 Honda Civics. All depnds who you call and your driving record and credit. I called every place in the book and got quotes on honeowners from 1000 all the way to $3500 and car varied slightly. I have a 2006 honda accord and it costs $860 a yr, homeowners for a new home is $1000 a yr fore 180,000 coverage, cheapest company is AAA in Port Charlotte.

4. How much is HOI, for a house in 150K-200K range as this is all i might be able to afford? There are homes that are 2 yrs old asking price $180,000

5. What about real estate property taxes, is it true they will not be the same as the taxes listed on a house listing sheet when up for sale? What are the taxes on say a 200K house? My home is new so taxes havnt been figured yet but a friend has the excact house and his are $3500 a yr. Taxes change when it is sold so they will not be the same.

6. Are there houses available on the market 3bed/2bath that are in a good area that I could get for 150K-200K? def from $170,000 and up for newer. Older in Port charlotte for under $150,000
7. Is their alot of maintenance on the houses in the summer time due to the humidity? No problems if you run your a/c

8. Average gas and electric bills per month? There is no gas here. My average bills are $85 a mo for electric

9. Annual inspection fee for autos? Price?
No but when you move to the state of Fl you pay a $100 plate fee

10. Are there HOA fees? Only if you are in an exclusive area. not in the price range you are looking.

11. Who are some reputable home builders in the NORTHPORT AREA? A few, check many refs and the BBB and maybe the city. Mine was not and I am still battling them

12. cable is not availbale in many areas of new construction. So I have no idea what it runs. prob the same as everywhere else.

13.Is it neccessary to have a pest control service and are bugs bad in Northport? I dont use a service, fire ants are bad but you can buy your own insectasides at Home depot and do it yourself to save money

14.What is well water, isnt there any public water system for the area? Some areas have public water but most new construction does not. I have a well. I pay $11 a month to have salt delivered.

15. Garbage is figured into your taxes. Once a week on the same day they pick up recycles and garbage. This town is pretty boring. I prefer Sarasota but it is a little cheaper here. If you have a family I guess it would'nt be so bad. Closest beach is 25-30 minuteshomestead

Old 02-01-2007, 07:42 AM

523 posts, read 2,830,718 times
NIce Area, but to be honest, If you dont have job near there I would not move there. My nephew moved to Port Charlotte, He had Customer Svc background, ended up working at
Panera Bread as baker nite shift. He moved after 1 yr. Verizon and Progressive Insurance are in Brandon area and Tampa pay decent., they are hiring all the time. but too far to really drive from North Port.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida