Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 09:10 AM

320 posts, read 1,557,088 times

Advertisements

What are the best neigborhoods/subdivisions in each of the following counties: Pasco (mainly in the North), Hernando, and Citrus (mainly near Homosassa - not much farther north than that).

By best I mean:

Low crime
An upscale neighborhood that still offers some affordable prices
A neighborhood with a good reputation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2006, 03:47 AM

125 posts, read 505,000 times
Default pasco hernando area

I would recommend Autumn Oaks or Oak Lakes area off of Countyline. Autumn Oaks is a deed rest. area where you most likely would pay a monthly dues. Homes have land and well kept, Oak Lakes homes are also on land with no deed restrictions. I think you would get more for your money. Oak Lakes only has about 60 homes and everyone knows each other. Close to parkway easy commute to Tampa and airport. I don't know what your price range is but homes in both areas start at about 300's. Schools are good. lived in the area for 25 years. Hope this helps./

Old 06-15-2006, 06:18 AM

110 posts, read 689,245 times
Well, it's hard to say because I don't know what your sensibilities are but we looked around in North Pasco/Hernando and didn't like what we saw. It was too rural, too backwards, too far from Tampa, and the houses were built on a onesy, twosy basis - instead of the gated communities of South Pasco like Lexington Oaks, Meadowpointe, Grand Oaks, etc.

You can get more for your money, though, but I was wondering how anybody could live up there and commute to Tampa - maybe they don't have to.

Not to our taste but may be to yours. You have to get a feel for a place.

Old 06-15-2006, 06:46 AM

My husband will be working in the Trinity area so this area does not seem like it would be too bad of a commute. We currently live in a rural sudb. in Ky. Our neighborhood has all 1 acre+ lots and a farm borders our back property line so you can say we are used to a rural, open lifestyle. It feels too clostrophobic to have houses right on top of each other. The nearest grocer is 10 minutes away, as well as our small to mid size mall. We are about 50 minutes to Louisville which provides us with an thing we need from a larger city. We don't mind driving, within reason, to work, etc. When we go home, we like to be home and away from the hustle and bustle.

Grand Oaks has been highly recommended to us several times, so I think we will look at the area to see what it is like. I just recently saw a home in Autumn Oaks that seemed like a possibility too. I have not heard of the other neighborhoods mentioned. I will have to look into them.

What about Sterling Hills and Spring Ridge in Hernando Cnty? I believe these may be gated. Do you have any info on them? Also, The Enclaves @ Pine Ridge (I think it is located off of the Suncoast Pkwy and SR52)? Anyone know what this area is like?

Thanks.

Old 06-15-2006, 08:31 AM

28 posts, read 205,886 times
There is a large development going up on US41 in Land O Lakes called Connerton. Varying home prices and it's going to have a town square, Publix, medical facilities etc. It's just South of SR52 on 41. They have a web site. It's worth checking into and it is in North Pasco with good access to Suncoast Parkway and I 75.

Old 06-15-2006, 08:34 AM

Oh, thank you. I will check it out.

Old 06-15-2006, 12:33 PM

Autumn Oaks is right next to Oak Lakes. The commute is not bad. Trinity is about 1/2 hour on a bad day. I travel it daily. That is from Countyline from ShadyHills to Moon Lake to little. We love it up here not far from shopping at all. We have been very pleased with the schools. Hope this helps

Old 06-15-2006, 12:42 PM

kimwick,

Can you give me directions to these neighborhoods so I can have my husband look around?

Old 06-15-2006, 04:34 PM

Both Autumn Oaks and Oak Lakes are off of Countyline rd. If your coming from Trinity you will take 54 to little to US 19 make a right onto 19 You will than come to County Line make right go down about 5 miles both neighbor hoods are on the right. Or you can take 54 to little to decublis which than turn into Moon Lake road make a left onto 52 go under overpass to shadyhills rd you can only make a left follow that to countyline make a left autumn oaks and oak lakes will be down no more than 5 miles on left. I just telling you about these neighbor hoods because they have land with their homes. Also Rolling Oaks is on County line also which these homes are also on acreage. Not many homes in pasco are on acreage. Just depends on what you are looking for. To me it is very peaceful but close to everything.

Old 06-15-2006, 05:19 PM

1 posts, read 4,955 times
I live in Oak Lakes. We love it. There are not many houses and everyone does know everyone. Very private most homes are on 1 or more. We also looked in Autumn Oaks really didn't want the deed restrictions. Although the homes are very nice. Let me know if you need any information. I would be more than glad to help you. Hope everything works out for you. We have friends who live in the Trinity area very nice homes are very close. Close to lots of shopping and good rest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida