Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 10:22 PM

320 posts, read 1,557,241 times

Advertisements

What is the difference between these counties. I have been told that Pasco County is good to live and that Hernando County is not. Why is that? I have not heard anything about Citrus County. Can anyone give me any info on the differences? Is it related to taxes, cost of insurance, crime rates - or what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2006, 10:41 PM

112 posts, read 364,475 times
Commute to where the jobs are, the further north, the more like Georgia it becomes.

Old 06-22-2006, 04:27 AM

125 posts, read 505,069 times
Hernando Is Not A Bad Place To Live. Citrus Is Farther Out Not Much Out There But It Is Building Up. Pasco Is Closer To Tampa. Just Depends What You Are Looking For.

Old 06-22-2006, 12:10 PM

16 posts, read 86,439 times
Default Pasco county exposed!

The biggest industry in Pasco County is nudist resorts!!!!

Old 06-22-2006, 03:28 PM

Someone just mentioned this thing about nudists resorts to my husband. Certainly this type of thing is kept away in discret communities, right? This is not something you can accidentaly come upon, is it? We certainly do not want to encounter any of these communities.

Are they located in one area, or are they spread out?

Old 06-22-2006, 03:46 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,692,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewels36
What is the difference between these counties. I have been told that Pasco County is good to live and that Hernando County is not. Why is that? I have not heard anything about Citrus County. Can anyone give me any info on the differences? Is it related to taxes, cost of insurance, crime rates - or what?
If I were you I would buy in Pasco, why, the value will increase. Also, being not sure I would rent, and look. Wesley Chapel, is growing, and good, and safe. Land o lakes is also great.

judy

Old 06-22-2006, 03:52 PM

The more research I do, the more confused I get.

Renting first would be ideal, but my husband does not want to do that. We need the housing write off. He also does not want to move twice, and we have way too much stuff for an apartment. We also have 2 small dogs which would limit us to where and what we can rent.

I'll just have to keep working on trying to get a good picture of the area and try to figure out what suits us best. I only hope I don't go crazy first.

Old 06-22-2006, 04:15 PM

Don't let people scare you by saying there are nudist colonies. There are a few but they're very isolated and aren't a bunch of slimebuckets like they're perceived (at least from what I've read). Google it, you'll probably find a few, but Pasco has laws just like every other city so you won't find nude people walking around the mall.

Old 06-22-2006, 04:48 PM

Jewels,

It seems from your posts you're strongly considering Pasco but a few posters seem to have scared you. Dont' let them scare you. Yes, there are a few nudist resorts located in isolated areas, but until somebody mentioned them on this board, I hadn't thought or heard about them in quite some time. There is some WT, but they're not aggressive, not dirty, etc. just poorer working folk living their lives. Most seem to be decent people. The way I've tried to describe it to people is if you take the map of Florida and scoop out the middle, leaving the coasts, that middle part is basically southern Georgia, Orlando excepted. Like alligators, they were there first and we can all get along. Occasionally, that scoop drifts to the coasts, but overall not south of Hernando not much at all on the east coast. I'm just generalizing and if you live in the scoop, no malice intended, just giving my perceptions.

Speaking of coasts, once you get north of Hudson, there isn't really much on the coast. Hernando Beach is a nice little community and Crystal River (there's a nuke plant there and discussion is another is on the way) seems nice, a bit backwater but nice.

If you're already in town, explore. Visit a Publix on a Saturday afternoon and you'll get a good cross section of who is there. WalMart tends to attract more price-conscious consumers, so that may skew things a bit. Look at the cars, the people in them, the condition of houses, number of trailer parks, etc. and you'll get a vibe about each area.

If you want more info, feel free to PM. I'll glady share my .02!

Old 06-22-2006, 07:10 PM

125 posts, read 505,069 times
Nudist Colonies are in either Land o Lakes and some closer to Hudson. You don't see them unless you visit them. Don't think they are around every corner. I have lived here over 25 years. They are not mass production. You wouldn't even know the exisit unless people told you. I hope this helps. I work for the schools system. It is NOT something to worry about. I hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida