Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2008, 12:41 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,249,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodey View Post
New Jack City. Seriously, if you are French you might be able to hang with the Haitians but there is virtually no black Middle class in Florida. Then when you add onto it that all the diffrent ethinic groups tend to look down on you, it may not be a picnic for you if you are thinskinned.
There are middle class black areas of Florida. The suburbs of West Palm Beach and the city of Boynton Beach have middle income neighborhoods that are mostly black. Miramar in Broward has middle class neighborhoods with lots of blacks, too.

The black middle class is significantly smaller in Miami-Dade though.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 01:55 PM

476 posts, read 2,818,691 times
And in the west coast : Tampa area,St petersburg ?

Old 09-10-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
There are middle class black areas of Florida. The suburbs of West Palm Beach and the city of Boynton Beach have middle income neighborhoods that are mostly black. Miramar in Broward has middle class neighborhoods with lots of blacks, too.

The black middle class is significantly smaller in Miami-Dade though.

Jax is in the top ten of best cities for african americans ! ?

Last edited by xxs78; 09-10-2008 at 01:04 PM..

Old 09-11-2008, 02:18 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,458,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxs78 View Post
It might be, I'm not aware of the exact ranking nationwide. Jax has traditionally had a good-sized african-american population.

There is a large african-american community on the Northside of the city, but you'll find african-american families all over Jax - most of the city is pretty diverse*. You'll see a lot of islander families as well.

You might want to check into Jacksonville, it's a pretty nice city .

(*important clarification - I am speaking of Jacksonville - as in "Duval county" - my comments do not apply to the surrounding counties which are not very diverse at all....it's a big difference once you leave Duval county )

Old 09-11-2008, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riveree View Post
It might be, I'm not aware of the exact ranking nationwide. Jax has traditionally had a good-sized african-american population.

There is a large african-american community on the Northside of the city, but you'll find african-american families all over Jax - most of the city is pretty diverse*. You'll see a lot of islander families as well.

You might want to check into Jacksonville, it's a pretty nice city .

(*important clarification - I am speaking of Jacksonville - as in "Duval county" - my comments do not apply to the surrounding counties which are not very diverse at all....it's a big difference once you leave Duval county )
Thanks,certainlybut i think that there are others areas to live better for the aas( in the south of US like Houston,Dallas,perhaps also Austin).

Old 09-11-2008, 04:12 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
Florida has a lot of middle class black communities especially in major Urban areas.

Old 09-12-2008, 10:30 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,458,139 times
Quote:
Thanks,certainlybut i think that there are others areas to live better for the aas( in the south of US like Houston,Dallas,perhaps also Austin).
I was responding to your comment:

Quote:
So I thought you were interested in Jacksonville, but I guess you meant you were suprised that Jacksonville made the list? I also thought your thread was about trying to find a good african american community in Florida, so I'm reading it wrong all around it seems...oh well .

Old 07-12-2013, 06:51 AM

1 posts, read 19,790 times
What about Tampa or the surrounding Tampa area, Clearwater, Petersburg? Are there jobs and black families?

Old 07-12-2013, 06:55 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,107,880 times
Quote:
Hello,

In the first place :very sorry for my english I'm french ,from Paris.And you must know a thing:the french people are very bad in english.

What are the goog cities for the african american in Florida ? .I see that Florida isn't nice state for the aas ( Texas is perhaps best).
Thanks for your answers.
Dude, you aren't African American you are Black Parisian.

Troll.

Old 07-14-2013, 03:56 AM

251 posts, read 637,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris019c View Post
What about Tampa or the surrounding Tampa area, Clearwater, Petersburg? Are there jobs and black families?
In all honesty if you Black DON'T DARE THINK OF MOVING HERE!!!! PM me for the real deal!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida