Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 05:16 PM

2 posts, read 4,842 times

Advertisements

I grew up in Miami and I love it there. I love the environment and all of my family is there.

I have been living with my husband and son in Vegas for about 3 years and I am disgustingly homesick! We have decided to move back to Florida.

I am still debating between Miami and Orlando. I lived in Orlando for 2 years before coming to Vegas. I liked it there but if I'm homesick I might as well just go back to Miami.

I do need some advice though. Since it has been so long that I have lived there I am scared of failure. I'm scared I wont be able to find rent that I can afford or a good paying job. How is Miami and Orlando in regards to employment and rent?

Is it going to be super difficult to get started? Please anyone give me some insight.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 06:29 PM

16,391 posts, read 31,098,788 times
Both job markets are pretty bad, go with Miami.. Orlando is lame.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:28 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,989,717 times
Go Back to your home town. You say your family is there that is the better choice.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:43 PM

464 posts, read 1,367,607 times
Cool Take it from me; I just moved from Miami....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanita View Post
I grew up in Miami and I love it there. I love the environment and all of my family is there.

I have been living with my husband and son in Vegas for about 3 years and I am disgustingly homesick! We have decided to move back to Florida.
me too...i feel your pain; believe me

Quote:
I am still debating between Miami and Orlando. I lived in Orlando for 2 years before coming to Vegas. I liked it there but if I'm homesick I might as well just go back to Miami.
yes; or else you may constantly be vacationing in miami every weekend wishing to have moved there...

Quote:
I do need some advice though. Since it has been so long that I have lived there I am scared of failure. I'm scared I wont be able to find rent that I can afford or a good paying job. How is Miami and Orlando in regards to employment and rent?
its bad; thats the nucleus of why i had to leave. getting on a (company's) job there past few months isnt easy. I cant speak for you; but I can go based on associates I've known and my experiences and its difficult for some reason. when i 1st moved back in 07; i found a job within 2-3 weeks. then i got an even better offer few months down the line. Then they were slow and I got an even BETTER OFFER a day later! Then the market started acting up; and after that things spiralled into a chaos. For 4 months after that it got so hard to find a company job I ended up sticking to college aid and indie work BUT....

Quote:
How is Miami and Orlando in regards to employment and rent?
The rent isnt any better; I dont know in comaprison to vegas; but miami dade is still pricer than they bargaining for...and all the less they are offering in quality

Quote:
Is it going to be super difficult to get started? Please anyone give me some insight.
It maybe so; but everyone's story is different...Although I already asked some people on the forum and real-time people in miami...it aint pulled itself out the gutter yet

Old 09-04-2008, 12:59 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,616,979 times
I'm gonna say to go with your heart which I believe is in Miami.

There is a distinct different vibe between the cities.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:50 AM

2 posts, read 4,180 times
i say go back to miami its your home,were you belong,things will soon fall into place.i live in england were things are really bad at the moment what with fuel prices going up and mortgages impossible to get. its allmost impossible to live and pay rent here too but you survive! i went to miami a few years ago and fell in love with it, its what you make of it? i would love to move there and really want to its such a great place but i dont no it as good as you! good luck

Old 09-11-2008, 08:53 AM

2 posts, read 4,180 times
[quote=fletchone;5221509]i say go back to miami its your home,were you belong,things will soon fall into place.i live in england were things are really bad at the moment what with fuel prices going up and mortgages impossible to get. its allmost impossible to live and pay rent here too but you survive! i went to miami a few years ago and fell in love with it, its what you make of it? i would love to move there and really want to its such a great place but i dont no it as good as you! good luck

Old 09-11-2008, 09:45 AM

1,404 posts, read 5,722,833 times
I am from Miami and love it. The down fall is that it's expensive and the economy isn't great. I have nothing bad to say about Orlando either since it's really not a bad area and it is growing. The down fall there is it's full of tourists, but so is Miami...

Old 09-12-2008, 08:15 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,918,006 times
I myself prefer Orlando,just make sure you pick a good area.But if you're choosing Miami,you're going to need more money,especially since there's only a few areas I think are liveable and they're not cheap.I would go with western Broward over Miami as it has more nicer liveable areas but still pretty expensive.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:51 PM

8,377 posts, read 31,034,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom1001 View Post
I myself prefer Orlando,just make sure you pick a good area.But if you're choosing Miami,you're going to need more money,especially since there's only a few areas I think are liveable and they're not cheap.I would go with western Broward over Miami as it has more nicer liveable areas but still pretty expensive.
Dade is to Orange County as west Broward (definitely not east) is to Seminole County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida