Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 09:01 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,563,055 times

Advertisements

There is no debating the fact that Miami is better than Orlando in so many ways. Miami is the only true city in Florida, while Orlando is just a cheap tourist haven. You have lived in Miami and Las Vegas, trust me if you move to Orlando it will feel like a morgue to you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2008, 05:28 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
being a former Miamian who is now living in Orlando there is no comparison. Orlando is a nice city to visit whereas Miami is just world class even with all of it's problems. I guess it depends on your priorities such as the job market & housing.

Old 02-17-2011, 05:57 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,903,148 times
I would suggest Broward County, over Miami. Don't know much about Orlando, I've only visited Orlando for a few days. Palm Beach and Broward would be a better alternatives. Way less traffic, more English, and all the same amenities.

Old 02-17-2011, 06:07 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,203,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanita View Post
I grew up in Miami and I love it there. I love the environment and all of my family is there.

I have been living with my husband and son in Vegas for about 3 years and I am disgustingly homesick! We have decided to move back to Florida.

I am still debating between Miami and Orlando. I lived in Orlando for 2 years before coming to Vegas. I liked it there but if I'm homesick I might as well just go back to Miami.

I do need some advice though. Since it has been so long that I have lived there I am scared of failure. I'm scared I wont be able to find rent that I can afford or a good paying job. How is Miami and Orlando in regards to employment and rent?

Is it going to be super difficult to get started? Please anyone give me some insight.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Go to Ft. lauderdale (Broward County) Its like Orlando (Better) and its close to Miami. So if you get homesick you can be in the enxt county in no time. I have no idea why you liked Orlando, but I'm assuming the same thing must be in south FLorida. Orlando's only advantage is cheaper living. Thats IT

Old 02-17-2011, 06:15 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,903,148 times
But to answer your question in more detail, the job market is not so great right now in Florida. This is the only region in the Country where the cost of living does not match your salary. I lived in Chicago and Atlanta and both cities are still more balanced than Miami's economy. On a positive note the real estate market is good for buyers and investors. I don't know what your skill set is as far as career. If you find a good paying J.O.B. South Fl is the place to be, and now is the time to take advantage of discounts on this prime real estate.

Old 02-17-2011, 06:38 PM

2,217 posts, read 4,267,078 times
"Orlando's only advantage is cheaper living. Thats IT"

...and american culture
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida