Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2008, 08:59 AM

1 posts, read 6,734 times

Advertisements

What kind of reputation does renar homes have as right now they are giving you your down payment, paying closing costs and giving you a 5.5 interest rate for 30 years. Is the house going to blow away the first strong wind or are they a pretty reputable builder and I'm just being negative?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 12:16 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,914,037 times
I did some searching for them on the Internet and they didn't show up on rateyourbuilder.com or any other site with anything good or bad. Looks like they primarily build in Jensen Beach on the other coast.

By the looks of what they are offering it seems as though they are pretty anxious to get some homes sold.

Usually if they are really bad you can find something on them on the Internet. I would ask local Realtors, Chamber of Commerce, Better Business Bureau, etc. Someone on this board might have heard of them, so you're going in the right direction

Old 06-11-2008, 04:42 PM

2,143 posts, read 8,030,190 times
They have a lot of inventory right now. They are probably no better or worse than any other builder around here.

Old 07-22-2008, 07:45 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,156,497 times
Due to legal matters, we have to careful on how we define or present your views in the forum. If your post can be perceived as a complaint or defamatory, DM the member and you got your update to the requesting person.

From our TOS: This is not the right place for consumer complaints. Such posts present defamation issues and they don't give the other side the opportunity to present their side of the argument.

Thank you.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:07 AM

18,116 posts, read 11,750,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julie-f62 View Post
What kind of reputation does renar homes have as right now they are giving you your down payment, paying closing costs and giving you a 5.5 interest rate for 30 years. Is the house going to blow away the first strong wind or are they a pretty reputable builder and I'm just being negative?

Due to too mass deletions, let's rephrase the questions here.

Are you seriously interesting in buying a Renar Home? These questions here can likely be answered by the mortgage or banker? Have you had the opportunity to visit model homes made by Renar? What was your impression of the Homes? Were you able to discuss with other Renar Home owners in the community? What draws your attention to Renar?

Old 03-20-2012, 11:15 AM

1 posts, read 3,886 times
They r the worst around here. People in palm bay hate them

Old 03-20-2012, 11:31 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,316,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frtyford View Post
They r the worst around here. People in palm bay hate them
Can't be any worse than the crap put out by Maronda

Old 03-21-2012, 07:42 AM

1,490 posts, read 1,213,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Can't be any worse than the crap put out by Maronda
Yeah, or many others for that matter.

I actually did have a house built by Renar in 2000. No complaints at all on the quality but keep in mind they are a middle of the road builder (or were at that time anyway). So no, you can't expect wine on a beer budget with them or anybody else.

Only "problem" if you want to call it that, was that my wife & I found a member of management to be quite rude in disposition. He may not be there any more for all I know but he certainly didn't do anything untoward. I suspect we got off on the wrong foot anyway when his initial lot survey (this was a "build on your lot" scenario) was $2k different that actual. And I reamed him pretty good when he tried to get me to pay the extra $2k. This wasn't a mansion or anything so $2k was quite a chunk to the bottom line I'm sure.

But overall, just a smaller builder of average quality homes from my experience. Floor plans were well laid out though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida