Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2021, 10:17 AM

1,848 posts, read 3,727,639 times

Advertisements

When I saw this had actually gone to two pages I had to laugh! Like someone else said Florida=Humid!!!

Someone said maybe try the panhandle? Uh..no! Went shopping yesterday and saw a cute shirt, felt the fabric of a supposed summer shirt and thought who the hell is their buyer! You would die. Basically spend the summer naked, with a light sweater for restaurants. But even most around here never truly get cold, as it is just too humid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2021, 01:44 PM

7,246 posts, read 7,076,730 times
You want low humidity, come in the winter. Otherwise...

Old 03-13-2021, 02:51 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,340,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
West coast is the worst when we are in a west flow bro in the summer. Winds blowing off nasty 90+f water temps makes it feel like a steam bath from hell mel. Lows of 77f to 84f and dew point from 75f to 84f for months and very little rain jane. It is a living hell.
Yep, that's what I mean.

Inland about 10 miles in the summer is warmer than the beach. HOWEVER it feels hotter at the beach due to as you mentioned the gulf that is 90 plus degrees.

Sometimes in the summer the temps in the gulf will get into the mid or lower 80s if you have a lot of days with cloud cover and rain. That water near the coast heats and cools quicker.

Last July I went to Englewood beach when the water at Venice, (closest reporting station) was 91 degrees. The beach felt awful after a few minutes. Must have lost a 1lb or 2 from sweat sitting for just a couple hours.

The water wasn't much of a relief, however the 92 degrees is near the surface like 12 inches. My feet felt a few degrees cooler. Usually that hot water is near the very surface and not very deep.

In the winter when the water is 62 degrees though it makes the beach feel cold and need a jacket while it's several degrees warmer inland.

Old 03-14-2021, 03:46 PM

10,951 posts, read 3,694,174 times
BUT, the key is this......Why do Millions like me NEVER leave the Sunshine Kingdom ??? (Lived here since 1973)

We are so used to it, it's a piece of Cake and in top of it all we LOVE it !!!

Humidity, Bugs, Heat, Mad Northerners, Traffic Northerners Fault, We Will Not Quit..Maybe a Century ago, but 100 yrs later, this is HEAVEN . . .

Old 03-14-2021, 04:53 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,622,010 times
I'd say the best weather is somewhere between palm beach county and the treasure coast (think Vero Beach). We had very few cold days up there and at most it was in the 60s. I actually don't remember cold days at all growing up. For the summer you just need to wear light clothing material, light colors, flip flops, and you're good to go.

Old 03-14-2021, 05:43 PM

6,613 posts, read 16,585,236 times
Ever been to North Carolina in the summer? That's Floridians' idea of low humidity!

Old 03-15-2021, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Around View Post
Ever been to North Carolina in the summer? That's Floridians' idea of low humidity!
I was in Charlotte NC one 4th of July Week yrs ago, It was MORE HUMID that Florida will ever be ..... That week I was sweatting bullets there, Glad one of those days we went up to The Vanderbilt Mansion and we could BREATHE again for a few measly hrs .

Old 03-15-2021, 11:44 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huasho View Post
I was in Charlotte NC one 4th of July Week yrs ago, It was MORE HUMID that Florida will ever be ..... That week I was sweatting bullets there, Glad one of those days we went up to The Vanderbilt Mansion and we could BREATHE again for a few measly hrs .
It can definitely be worse in the Carolinas, I felt the same when we visited. Bottom line, anywhere east of the Rockies gets humid. Anyone who hates humidity should NOT and I repeat NOT relocate to Florida. We are surrounded by WATER! That should end the question right there.....

Old 03-15-2021, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
It can definitely be worse in the Carolinas, I felt the same when we visited. Bottom line, anywhere east of the Rockies gets humid. Anyone who hates humidity should NOT and I repeat NOT relocate to Florida. We are surrounded by WATER! That should end the question right there.....
Bingo . . But we are all animals and we all get used to unpleasant circumstances, therefore..Give wherever you go, at least a full 12 months to overcome the unlikes, cannot be done overnight Folks.

Old 03-15-2021, 09:31 PM

6,613 posts, read 16,585,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
West coast is the worst when we are in a west flow bro in the summer. Winds blowing off nasty 90+f water temps makes it feel like a steam bath from hell mel. Lows of 77f to 84f and dew point from 75f to 84f for months and very little rain jane. It is a living hell.
What do you mean by a "west flow"? And what part of the West Coast are you referring to? Have been on the West Coast many times in the summer from San Diego to Seattle and never experienced this phenomenon. Just curious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida