Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 09:10 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyfl View Post
Really? He never called Trump once when the hurricane went through. Scott called him numerous times.
As a constituent of Nelson's, I got emails after the hurricane and these emails gave instructions, telephone numbers and links for Floridian's to get Federal (FEMA) help related to the hurricane, including emergency help if your home was damaged or you needed medical care. He gave info for the blue tarp program from FEMA and for finding immediate help if you had no place to go. And he gave info about local assistance too, for people that were impacted by the hurricane and for help/guidance about dealing with claims for home insurance.

Nelson was there for Floridians and he was able to give guidance on how to deal with the Federal government for immediate help.

I guess Nelson didn't need to kiss Trump's ring in order to ensure Floridians were able to get emergency help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2018, 12:57 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Nelson's success this year will be accounted for by being the very necessary check on the radical trump administration and its hijacking of the Republican party.

Rick Scott = Republican rubber stamp for Trump

Last edited by chopchop0; 11-06-2018 at 01:13 PM..

Old 11-06-2018, 03:22 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
I'm not counting any chickens, but I will crow loudly at the moon if both Dems make it tonight.

Old 11-06-2018, 06:45 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
94% of the votes in... Republicans winning Senate & Governor... very tight race though!

If Democrats lose, I hope they realize why... their race baiting strategy is not the way to win back power. Allowing illegals to flow in as much as they want does not make them pro-immigration.

I voted for Scott and Gillum, but I'd be happy too if DeSantis wins. Gillum is like a high reward high risk vote for me. DeSantis is the safe vote, but nothing special.

So far this proves once again that polling is not accurate when biased media conduct it. Gillum should be leading by 5 points, not trailing over 1 point with 96% of the vote in.

Old 11-06-2018, 06:56 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,183,271 times
I can't believe Scott is ahead, even if it is only by 1%. Must've been a lot of people holding their noses.

Old 11-06-2018, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
I can't believe Scott is ahead, even if it is only by 1%. Must've been a lot of people holding their noses.

After watching the debates it was the easiest choice I ever made... I was shocked how someone like Nelson won the nomination. He literally has zero ideas or plans, just attacked Trump and Scott the entire time. Didn't answer key questions.

Old 11-06-2018, 07:07 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Looks like it's gonna be team red for both big offices - by 1%.

Scott spent the most in history.....now he is over 150 million of his own money in all his races. I guess money can buy you love...or at least 1%.

Nelson was definitely not exciting. Add that to an extra 30 million and he's probably going down.

Gillum had a shot too - I suppose it will end within a percent, while Florida has a 5% GOP lean....and, let's face it, probably more when the candidate is African American. Close, but no cigar.

Florida is very strange because of all the "residents" and taxpayers like myself that don't vote there. The tune is called, obviously, by those who do.

It is upholding the reputation as the ultimate swing state.

Hey I think the Amendments are mostly going to pass by 60% plus, right? That's a good sign of civic engagement. In the end that kind of thing matters more than Red or Blue. Heck, I voted in Baker here in MA (GOP) even though I would run fast and far from most of the current GOP crop. What these Amendments mean is that a super majority of people are for some major changes....mostly positive. History moves along - slowly.

And the turnout is a good thing. It means people have not given up completely.

Old 11-06-2018, 07:17 PM

I wish Democrats would just get it.

Stop with race baiting

Stop with rioting when you don't get your way

Stop encouraging anyone and everyone who wants to move to this country to just hop the border ignoring all of our legal immigrants waiting in line

Stop acting!!!

Win by educating others on your positions

Saying anyone who doesn't support democrat are evil racists and bigots and you should vote for us so we don't label you as one... is not the way to win!

Old 11-06-2018, 07:23 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,183,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
After watching the debates it was the easiest choice I ever made... I was shocked how someone like Nelson won the nomination. He literally has zero ideas or plans, just attacked Trump and Scott the entire time. Didn't answer key questions.
Nelson was the incumbent, and he's pretty much been a go along to get along kind of a guy for a long time. Why not? It's always worked for him. Anyway, the Dems seem to be running on the "Orange Guy Bad" platform. I really think in many ways Bill Nelson has left the building. I suspect he may not even have wanted to run this time around, but was heavily persuaded by his handlers. He may even breathe a sigh of relief if he loses.

Old 11-06-2018, 09:07 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,839,738 times
Well at least our criminal governor will be in less of a position to harm the state now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida