Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 07:12 AM

5,021 posts, read 7,450,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aewan68 View Post
I know what you are saying, FL is much more dense in terms of the a-hole factor. The closer you get to Miami, the higher the meter goes up.
Hehehehe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2017, 07:23 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:
I know what you are saying, I'm originally from PA and know the attitude but there are some decent people in PA too, it's just that the distrubution in parts of FL is much more dense in terms of the a-hole factor. Keep in mind you have the finest of the tri-state area who flock to FL between Oct-April'ish and/or are full-time residents. The closer you get to Miami, the higher the meter goes up.
As a South Florida resident I partially agree though have found Central Florida/Orlando is catching up quickly. I don't chalk it up to something as simplistic as geographic origins, rather a by-product of what happens when a region becomes congested and overcrowded along with financial stresses, which is something much of Florida struggles with due to sub-par wages and rapidly increasing housing costs (rentals especially).

Old 02-27-2017, 12:31 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
I don't know how good the OC is for jobs outside of my line of work which is quite healthy there as ell, but can tell you there are many ppl within my company who commute from the OC daily to North County. Been there done that in FL, prefer to not commute anytime soon but I would not rule it out.

In a comparision with SoFla, just seeing the plethora of business parks and brand names around me and beyond is mind boggling, many well known and big employers, compared to SoFla which is mainly filled with retail and residental sprawl for miles, occasional company or employer not many if any big brands or well known companies, lot's of small companies or businesses. Not many large employers anymore, a few but they keep downsizing or closing operations.

Like I may have said before, my Wife and I were looking at Melbourne as a possible move, seemed to be somewhat more affordable, rentals/housing was much lower than SoFla, but after screening several companies and finding out what the salaries would be, we ruled out relocating there and my Wife knew I always wanted to try it our here, suppose she is giving me that wish? She still misses FL, she lived there longer than me total so it's a big change of life.
There is no question there is greater variety in SD and SoCal in general than in FL. SoCal has more people than the entire State of FL, so more business, restaurants and things to do in a much smaller area. I love the CA beaches, but the water is COLD. But most, though not all, have shops and restaurants right on the beach, nice public piers (no charge to get on them) and several with restaurants on them. Makes for a nice day as well as walking on the beaches. Sidewalks everywhere and with an ocean view. SoCal has minimal areas like FL, where homes and hotels make it hard to get to the beach let alone see the beach. I miss SoCal and love the area, but the crowding and cost is getting a bit out of hand and spoils a lot of what is there. Part of that is frustrating to me as I grew up there when it was better. But that is typical of everywhere one grows up. Life changes. Now it is less of what I want and more of what I need. That is causing a lot of frustration in making the choice because both areas have some of each.

Old 02-27-2017, 01:04 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
I think by now all states give access to PUBLIC RECORDS. They are called PUBLIC RECORDS for a reason. Documents such as taxes paid, mortgages recorded and most other documents are accessible on line. Death Certificates and certain other records must be requested.

CA has "The California Public Records Act") which is a law passed by the California State Legislature and signed by the governor in 1968 requiring inspection or disclosure of governmental records to the public upon request.

[quote=aewan68;47236026]Most Florida Counties have information online, probably way too much info, you can see who lives on your street and what they paid for their house, taxes and what they borrowed from the bank and etc., also people you work with you can find out where they live and what they paid, no privacy everyone knows your business just keep that in mind if you're thinking of moving to FL.

I lived in Palm Beach County so these are some sights that you can search, most other counties in FL are similar but not all list this info.

Old 02-28-2017, 04:56 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyRoos View Post

Why did you move to Florida?
weather/climate, cost of living, family here, lots of things to do all year long........

Old 03-04-2017, 12:35 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
weather/climate, cost of living, family here, lots of things to do all year long........
Are you still planning to leave within the next few years?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida