Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I think florida will vote
more Republican 14 20.29%
more Democrat 39 56.52%
Same as now 10 14.49%
Unsure/other 6 8.70%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 05:51 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
Openly gay people have been discriminated against in employment, education, military service,social groups, fraternal groups, religious groups, youth groups, etc., etc. So I guess it could be referred as a "Civil Rights" issue. I do know that they are highly motivated, organized, and tireless. Their rapid advancement is testament. I say they deserve the rewards of their work. BTW some are also minorities...
I 100% agree!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFisher View Post
Gay guys can marry women and lesbians can marry men.

In conclusion, homos pretend that they are suffering for attention and money.
This is the close minded mentality which needs to be overcome and will be at some point in time.

Old 10-22-2013, 06:09 PM

2,962 posts, read 4,999,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
I believe in a lot of things, just not in political candidates or especially their party.

I believe in a flag tax with the same $X exemption for everyone or a national sales tax in place of an income tax.

Anti-war

Pro FULL gay rights and marriage

Limited Federal controls......this does not mean no Federal controls

More local to state government controls instead

One term congressional and presidential limits

Congress voting on ONE item at a time....no more bundling and payoffs

A reasonable discussion and compromise on abortion, so we can do the right thing for mother and unborn baby and put this issue behind us

Pro pot legalization

Pro prostitution legalization

Others, but don't want to type anymore.
You're a closet democrat. C'mon admit it. I share quite a few of your views and would add getting rid of non profit tax exemptions, or completely seperating religion from politics, campaign finance limits, and independent vetting of campaign material.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:01 PM

Quote:
You're a closet democrat. C'mon admit it. I share quite a few of your views and would add getting rid of non profit tax exemptions, or completely seperating religion from politics, campaign finance limits, and independent vetting of campaign material.
I agree with a lot of that as well, but I am certainly not a democrat. I am not for full rights to abortion, I am not for taxing the wealthy at a higher rate, I am not for expanded federal government, I am not for Obamacare, I am not for class warfare.

I am probably closer to a libertarian, but I go to the beat of my own drum. Independent of political games and lies.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:12 PM

1,976 posts, read 2,353,168 times
Quote:
Partisan BS. Have you seen sone of the poverty in democrat controlled states?

One could easily claim "that's what voting democrat gets you". People need to stop with the idiotic partisan crap. The economy is not a matter of voting democrat or republican.

Florida has areas of poverty, areas of wealth and areas of middle class, just like all states.
Recovery no help to Florida poverty rate, census finds | HeraldTribune.com

Try looking at facts next time you respond. Florida poverty rate is 17.1%. Many differences between most Democrats and most Republicans. Things will be straightened out after Scott's defeat in 2014.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:16 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
I just came back from FL and the poverty I saw was unbelievable. I'm assuming Nan Rich or Charlie Crist will accept the expansion of Medicare, I hope so. This state could really use a progressive income tax as well. Very strange to see this poverty in the United States still, but that's what voting Republican gets you.
If you want to be taxed ad nauseum, please feel free to leave to the paradises of CA, NY or NJ.

Esp CA, they're doing just peachy with that very progressive income tax

Bankrupt California | National Review Online

Old 10-22-2013, 09:56 PM

Quote:
I agree with a lot of that as well, but I am certainly not a democrat. I am not for full rights to abortion, I am not for taxing the wealthy at a higher rate, I am not for expanded federal government, I am not for Obamacare, I am not for class warfare.

I am probably closer to a libertarian, but I go to the beat of my own drum. Independent of political games and lies.
Most Democrats aren't happy with all aspects of abortion either. I'm happy with the fact of the more I make, the more they take. If the money isn't misused, it's only logical.
Class warfare? Really? You're losing me now. BTW I'm not that fond of ACA either. I want full on single payer.

Last edited by HarryWho?; 10-22-2013 at 10:10 PM..

Old 10-22-2013, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
If you want to be taxed ad nauseum, please feel free to leave to the paradises of CA, NY or NJ.

Esp CA, they're doing just peachy with that very progressive income tax

Bankrupt California | National Review Online
You've got to understand that a lot of the people that come to florida are either retired or disgruntled. Retirees seek warmer temps., slower pace, and a lower cost of living. The disgruntled are seeking a new start in a place that they perceive to be less demanding. Most of the retirees don't hate the place they're leaving, some go back unable to give up what they knew. Some of the disgruntled will find their way, but some won't be happy anywhere. Given the right circumstances, CA,NY, and NJ can be paradises. And likewise, Fl can be quite a bit less.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:01 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
You've got to understand that a lot of the people that come to florida are either retired or disgruntled. Retirees seek warmer temps., slower pace, and a lower cost of living. The disgruntled are seeking a new start in a place that they perceive to be less demanding. Most of the retirees don't hate the place they're leaving, some go back unable to give up what they knew. Some of the disgruntled will find their way, but some won't be happy anywhere. Given the right circumstances, CA,NY, and NJ can be paradises. And likewise, Fl can be quite a bit less.
Correct. People should know what they are getting into. If they don't like the fact that FL doesn't have a $130 billion budget like NY, and instead chooses to have a $68 billion budget with lower taxes and spending, they shouldn't ***** about it.

The great thing about this country is that there are all kinds of states out there. If you want to live on the water in FL, you can do it for a million bucks. Good luck trying to do that in CA.

Old 10-23-2013, 04:18 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
Recovery no help to Florida poverty rate, census finds | HeraldTribune.com

Try looking at facts next time you respond. Florida poverty rate is 17.1%. Many differences between most Democrats and most Republicans. Things will be straightened out after Scott's defeat in 2014.
I suggest you look at how many morons want to move to Florida on this board without a "JOB"!
Disney World and "fairy" tales doesn't cut it anymore!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida