Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2006, 10:49 PM

1 posts, read 3,654 times

Advertisements

Greetings everyone, I am currently in the process of moving to central florida and have found very nice property in Davenport Florida that I would like to invest in. However, I am most curious about the schools that are in the area, particularly the middle and high schools and/or any private schools. I have an 11 yr old and would like to place him in a good school. Please respond with some feedback. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2006, 04:59 PM

5 posts, read 48,045 times
I also am in the process of moving to central Florida. I asked the same question you did in another thread, and got some interesting comments. Have not heard anything specific about Davenport, however. What I have heard about public schools in the area (and Florida in general) has been very nearly 100% negative. In case you are not aware, Moderator cut: other site ad has a web site that gives lots of school information, and can do school comparisons. Clermont has been mentioned as having "A" schools (this is a Florida rating system), but I've been told that the schools there are way overcrowded. Clermont is due north of Davenport.

Old 10-11-2006, 08:43 PM

28 posts, read 133,946 times
We moved to Davenport approx a month ago. We love the area, the weather, our house.....and are very thankful that we homeschool! We did look into public and charter schools upon our arrival, but decided to continue on with our home education. My daughter is gifted, and we are able to tailor the curriculum to keep her challenged.

This area is experiencing tremendous growth and in fact, they do not have adequate schooling options in place. We contacted many charter schools, but they are already full for NEXT year. The schooling situation is the only draw-back we have found so far.

Old 10-11-2006, 08:59 PM

40 posts, read 199,632 times
I move to Poinciana this summer, which in about 20 minutes from davenport which are in polk county, all of polk counties schools last year where rated c and this year where rated d, in florida they rate schools from A to F, from hightest to lowest. Make your own conclusing.

All I can tell you is that I'm selling my home and going back to NY. And by the way employment in terrible here, food is expensive, housing is the only affordable things.
If you have kids please go to polkshiriffs.org and look up all the sexual predator in polk county. as for me and my family we're packing our bags.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida