Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2012, 09:35 AM

12 posts, read 19,799 times

Advertisements

We are a family of 8 (2 parents 6 kids) looking to relocate to Florida. We currently are looking to spend between 1500-2200 max. Looking for a nice neighborhood, good schools, preferably gated communites but isn't a must. Prefer not to be directly on the coast so some where Central would be good.

We are completely new here and not even sure where to start. Some of the areas that we have thought to look in include Boca Raton, Kissimmee, Windermere, Jupiter and surrounding areas. If you know of an area that can offer what we are looking for please offer input. We want to avoid high crime rate areas.

Employment is not an issue because we both work online so our job can move with us.

Thank you for any help or feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2012, 10:38 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,381,405 times
Boca is very expensive, Good School system and location is excellent, that price is a bit low if you want something nice. Jupiter is also expensive and very family oriented and people seem to really like living there, I would try Wellington that might be a nice fit in the Middle between Boca and Jupiter. Also Good Schools!
Just remember South Florida is quite different than Central Florida (kissemee or orlando area)
Good Luck

Old 09-23-2012, 11:07 AM

Thanks for the feedback. I have spent the last couple hours looking at price comparable and you are definitely correct. Boca is much higher than I thought. What about schools? Any specific counties/schools that are better than others?

Old 09-23-2012, 11:24 AM

we are happy with the Palm Beach County School System. I would definitely check Wellington. Its a nice area and again less expensive than Boca and Jupiter. you might want to post your questions in the local forum for Palm Beach County I'm sure you will get other responses. It really depends on what it is you are looking for...Parkland is in Broward County also good schools but housing will be more than wellington as well. South Florida in general is not an inexpensive place to live, Car Insurance is very high and so is the cost of food.

although my cooling bills are less than NJ...

Old 09-23-2012, 11:59 AM

thank you for your help. I have posted in 3 different areas so hopefully I can find feedback that helps. Its kind of discouraging seeing all the posts about crimes and stuff.

Old 09-23-2012, 12:33 PM

it is and yes there is a lot of crime I fell safer in NYC believe it or not but you just have to know your surroundings, Crime is everywhere and something one can not escape.

Old 09-24-2012, 05:53 PM

213 posts, read 660,164 times
Stay away from south Florida crime is high, and Orlando is also pretty high with crime. The best school district is st johns county, that is the jacksonville area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida