Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 01:05 AM

33,313 posts, read 12,491,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Good luck. An income tax is prohibited in the Florida state constitution. Most of us prefer FL the way it is, socially moderate and fiscally conservative. That's why we choose to live here.

There is a state in the union for everyone. Sounds like cali, or one of the liberal big-spending, tax-heavy NE states would be good for you.

North Pinellas Guy nailed it well
I agree. If I ever left Texas, it would be for Florida, Nevada, or Washington (Vancouver area).....3 other no state income tax states. All three also have quite a few other positive attributes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2016, 07:59 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
Quote:
Sales/consumption taxes make a lot more sense to me than income taxes do.

Hedge fund managers can dodge income taxes, not those though
Surely. Those 1 cent taxes raise tons of money for the counties.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:47 AM

505 posts, read 514,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Actually the state is continuing to tip more "Blue" via Independent voters who like elsewhere in the country are being eased out of voting GOP via it's ultra right wing faction and the direction the party seems to be headed. In addition one has to consider the decline in power of the typical "angry old white male". As the years tick by they're becoming less influential.

In Florida, no-party voters are growing. Question is why | PunditFact
yup, florida is becoming more blue

Old 11-09-2016, 08:47 AM
TD*

1,695 posts, read 4,139,627 times
Tallahassee is a great city for liberals

Old 11-09-2016, 03:51 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckRebel View Post
yup, florida is becoming more blue
Lol trump turned Wisconsin red. Skills

Old 11-09-2016, 04:12 PM

505 posts, read 514,830 times
Quote:
Last night was amazing, Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, all Red!

Old 11-10-2016, 02:42 PM

27,163 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckRebel View Post
Last night was amazing, Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, all Red!
In terms of that thing called the electoral college. The nation actually went Blue if one were to say actually count votes.

Old 11-10-2016, 05:00 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
In terms of that thing called the electoral college. The nation actually went Blue if one were to say actually count votes.
Would liberals be consistent if the situation were reversed?

A popular vote would basically ensure a democrat in the white house for life between the northeast and west coast votes.

Not everyone that voted trump is racist or sexist, although likely many of them are. Trump was a stick of dynamite in the political system

Old 11-10-2016, 05:27 PM

2,054 posts, read 3,340,178 times
He's still a stick of dynamite, except now he has access to a match. Or a whole box of matches.

And of course Trump is not a Republican by any definition. We know what he is, no need to repeat it, and I am now thinking of moving back to New Mexico from St Pete (one of the most liberal cities in the state) as New Mexico now has a Democratically controlled state house and senate. For me, this is a big positive. I have to get some space between me and the Trumpsters, at least for a while, to get some sense of reality from people I share values with. Trump supporters are not my kind of people, no matter what their reasons were for voting for him. You have to have SOME standards, but maybe not. I do anyway.

The electoral college system is ridiculous whether or not anyone is a liberal or a conservative. In a true democracy, one person and one vote is how it is supposed to go. The electoral college system is about what one would expect from the original "founding fathers" who, after briefly pausing from their largely successful genocidal efforts against the Native Americans, came up w/ the desired form of government that they envisioned.... one that was about protecting the rights of property owners and excluding women and minorities. Or, basically forgetting that they even existed. So we have an unsound system of governance from the very beginning, which has required one amendment after another to correct the bias that is inherent in it. Enlightened these folks weren't, they were all slave owners.

By the by, we are merrily responding to a four year old thread from someone that made this one post, never got back, and never posted anywhere again. Just sayin.

Last edited by smarino; 11-10-2016 at 05:44 PM..

Old 03-12-2018, 03:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,032 times
Default Orlando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
Orlando, I can say with a reasonable certainty that your race won't be much of a factor here. Orlando (city proper) is fairly liberal for a southern major city. Heavily democratic, progressive, green conscious, gay friendly, but like anywhere else we still have our problems. Orange County is the greater area and largely moderate/liberal. Good areas here are Windermere, Dr. Phillips, Winter Park, Downtown Orlando, Islesworth, Conway/Belle Isle, Downtown South.
Winter Park is heavy republican along with Baldwin Park next door. Best bet is downtown Orlando. I was hoping Baldwin Park would be more open minded and liberal, it is NOT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida