Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 10:29 AM

411 posts, read 832,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaelectro View Post
Believe me, I understand what you are saying. When I posted the op, there wasn't the CSA that I am talking about now.

The thread title says "include". This allows for a broad spectrum. The title doesn't say anything about MSA's being the criteria for this inclusion.

Now there is a definition that "includes" the St lucie area with the South Florida area.

I can't think of a more simplistic way to put it.
Friend, I understand what you're getting at, but what you're getting at is inaccurate, and apparently I'm failing at my job of properly explaining it to you. It is not really important for you to understand the inaccuracy of your claim, but I do find it annoying that you do not.

I don't believe you do understand the difference between core metropolitan areas and combined statistical areas, because the South Florida Metro (Miami-Fort Lauderdale-West Palm Beach, FL Metropolitan Statistical Area) is still comprised of Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties. The Combined Statistical Area is a level above the core metropolitan statistical area and beyond that there is the Florida megaregion, which is an area that includes Jacksonville, Miami, Tampa, Orlando and everything in between.

The Saint Lucie area is not now included in the the South Florida Area, but rather the two areas are included in a combined statistical area. The area commonly known as the South Florida Metropolitan area (Miami-Fort Lauderdale-West Palm Beach, FL Metropolitan Statistical Area) is one of the metropolitan areas that make up the "Miami-Fort Lauderdale-Port St. Lucie, FL Combined Statistical Area" (MFLPSLCSA). The MFLPSLCSA that you seem to be so found of is made of of three Metropolitan Statistical Areas and one Micropolitan Statistical Area and being included in this does not mean that now all of the metro areas and the mico area now cease to exist or that they are now all part of the same metro area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2013, 07:35 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,604,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by limehousemiller View Post
Friend, I understand what you're getting at,
No. You don't.
Quote:
but what you're getting at is inaccurate,
So now,. . . "You" know what I, myself am "getting at" more than "I" do?

It seems you are arrogantly naive, of how you sound.
Quote:
apparently I'm failing at my job of properly explaining it to you
Your "Job"? You get paid to argue over what someone else means in their own statements?
Quote:
It is not really important for you to understand
There goes that arrogant charm again. You must be real fun to be around irl.

Quote:
the two areas are included in a combined statistical area.
Thank you for proving my point.

Old 10-11-2013, 11:59 PM

313 posts, read 647,755 times
People in St. Lucie and Martin County still say they're from South Florida.

Old 10-12-2013, 03:18 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,330,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclealbertt View Post
People in St. Lucie and Martin County still say they're from South Florida.
They shouldn't. It's a no man's land. Has nothing in common with cities like wpb, ft Lauderdale or Miami
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida