Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2012, 07:20 AM

261 posts, read 399,140 times

Advertisements

hi there after some tips, I am off to Marathon with my folks for a few days, and would appreciate any tips of where to eat, what to visit etc., your personal recommendations would be most appreciated.... ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 07:25 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,254,846 times
oH a marathon:

- Don't eat bread..
- Run 5 miles each day
- Eat pasta...
- Don't run or jog while entering a bridge, or any elevation, just walk

there are other tips, but my knowledge is very limited, cuz I never ran a marathon, my family did, so I'm just basing myself from what I heard or saw.

I assume the marathon company you are running for is supplying you with a gift basket?? they usually have drinks especially for the body, but I wouldn't know much about them.

cheers

Old 03-08-2012, 05:32 PM

388 posts, read 1,132,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
oH a marathon:

- Don't eat bread..
- Run 5 miles each day
- Eat pasta...
- Don't run or jog while entering a bridge, or any elevation, just walk

there are other tips, but my knowledge is very limited, cuz I never ran a marathon, my family did, so I'm just basing myself from what I heard or saw.

I assume the marathon company you are running for is supplying you with a gift basket?? they usually have drinks especially for the body, but I wouldn't know much about them.

cheers
Marathon is a place in the Keys.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:52 PM

4,023 posts, read 3,822,035 times
It's been a while since my last visit, but Marathon (IMO, I hope I don't offend any locals) is kind of a rest stop that grew into a small city more to support people who have houses there than tourists. Most tourists are just passing through. Not their fault; just an accident of geography. Key West is generally where people are headed if they pass Key Largo. Awesome fishing all along the keys and they have lots of boats for hire. Again, I apologize if I offend locals, but there really isn't much out of the ordinary in the middle of the keys (other than their incredible tropical weather).

Old 03-09-2012, 02:54 AM

814 posts, read 2,057,013 times
you can go to sombrero beach for fun in the sun. have dinner at Castaways get drunk at the Brass Monkey and take a fishing trip on the lady marathon charter boat. perhaps a little diving at the sombrero reef lighthouse. dinner and drinks at the sunset grill is always good. check out the recreation area at the north side of the seven mile bridge. visit pigeon key. go check out the city marina maybe rent a kayak and have a paddle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida