Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2007, 10:15 AM

6 posts, read 34,503 times

Advertisements

I'm about to break my lease. I went over my lease and there is nothing stating anything regarding breaking the lease.

The reason I'm breaking for the following reasons:
Bugs-there are bugs that I’ve called an bug guy (called 3 different ones) all say they can not spray because the spray need to be outside to get ride of the millipedes. They can't spray outside cause I'm on the 2nd floor and they need approval from the owners on the bottom floor but there are owned but no one is living there.
Noise-I-75 traffic, neighbors cars (stereo)
drugs-I have 2 known drug dealers living next door
bums-the homeless and drug seekers are always hanging outside
Theft-Neighbor was car jacked at knife point.

I will be moving into my new place that cost more then what I’m paying now but it has become unsafe for me and my 5yr old daughter to stay in our current lease. I will be moving on August 4th. My rental agreement says I pay my rent on the 14th of every month.

So my question is I'm I required to pay on the 14th of Aug or not? and can my landlord sue me for breaking my lease?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2007, 10:38 AM

443 posts, read 2,137,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinzNac View Post
I'm about to break my lease. I went over my lease and there is nothing stating anything regarding breaking the lease.

The reason I'm breaking for the following reasons:
Bugs-there are bugs that I’ve called an bug guy (called 3 different ones) all say they can not spray because the spray need to be outside to get ride of the millipedes. They can't spray outside cause I'm on the 2nd floor and they need approval from the owners on the bottom floor but there are owned but no one is living there.
Noise-I-75 traffic, neighbors cars (stereo)
drugs-I have 2 known drug dealers living next door
bums-the homeless and drug seekers are always hanging outside
Theft-Neighbor was car jacked at knife point.

I will be moving into my new place that cost more then what I’m paying now but it has become unsafe for me and my 5yr old daughter to stay in our current lease. I will be moving on August 4th. My rental agreement says I pay my rent on the 14th of every month.

So my question is I'm I required to pay on the 14th of Aug or not? and can my landlord sue me for breaking my lease?

I am sure they can, but prob won't since it may end up costing them more to sue you then to just move someone else in. You obviously won't get a sec deposit back, but I'm sure you already know that. I would just leave the place nice and clean..not perfect but def make an effort for it to look nice. And leave the keys in an envelope with the office explaining why your moving.
Best of luck to you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida