Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 10:17 AM

1,999 posts, read 1,664,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowdyYall View Post
Navarre is like a trailer park town in my opinion.

You can get houses there dirt cheap cause nobody wants to live there.

It is a nasty panhandle town that wishes it was a big city like panama city.

It was also hit by 4 hurricanes.

It is in the center of hurricane alley, i would not live there if it was free.

Uhh Do you have Navarre and Panama City mixed up? Panama City is not very nice, its reminds me of what Daytona is becoming, a city full of 1940's run town shack hotels.

Can you tell us what town you live in that is so perfect please?

Last edited by Floridabound09; 07-18-2007 at 10:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 10:26 AM

2,313 posts, read 3,195,122 times
Quote:

I thought you said in another post you were done with this forum because of all the negative people. Then you make a post like that. How do you explain it?

Old 07-18-2007, 10:40 AM

1,999 posts, read 1,664,384 times
Navarre has been hit three times?

Old 07-18-2007, 11:33 AM

184 posts, read 863,329 times
Quote:

As you so *eloquently* stated <cough>, that is your opinion.
Are you a Floridian? Pity, if so

Old 07-18-2007, 12:38 PM

Quote:

HowdyYall, in light of your negative post on Navarre here are some other of your recent comments on this message board:

1. "i just got back from another day at the beach and it was a blast.
I am so happy i live in florida.
I feel very sad for these miserable people who hate florida.
Life is great
!"

2. " i have not read the other replies cause they are usually negative garbage, but yes, there are still some very cool small towns on the beach. "

3. " I don't care anymore, i am turning off my internet, it is a haven for sick deranged loners who finally have a way to attack society, you see it in every chat room and message board. Real people in life don't act this way. "

4. " miami rocks my world
it is awesome

It appears that you have no problem bashing Navarre but you sure don't like it when anyone bashes what *you think* is "awesome" or "great" and even turn to name calling.
You want people not to attack or be negative and you get on your soapbox about it then you turn around and do the exact thing you condemn in others.

Old 07-18-2007, 02:21 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,166,072 times
Quote:

Maybe you need to come here and take a look. We do have trailer parks but the area is growing and improving for our future. This area is pumped with military dollars every day, our largest community is USAF personnel. The industry is aerospace support and that is big $$$$.

Do we get Hurricane, we sure do, just like everyone in the state. Last hurricane that hit was Dennis and the beach area got hit bad (expected) but our area did not.

I said this many times, this is not a perfect place, but for some of us this is Paradise.

HowdyYall can you tell us a location that is perfect for you?

Old 07-18-2007, 09:30 PM

Sunrico I was reading recently about Navarre and came across this:
Navarre Beach recently completed a 13-million dollar beach renourishment project that widened the beach to 200 feet, complemented by a 14' high natural sand barrier. To make the makeover complete, nearly one million sea oats were planted on protective sand berms along almost the entire length of the beach. In addition, two new public beach ADA compliant beach walkovers are under construction near the Navarre Beach pier.

Old 07-18-2007, 11:18 PM

432 posts, read 1,879,587 times
I saw this about the beach replenishment. It is very encouraging.

Having grown up in Florida, and moved away, I have pretty much decided that Navarre is likely the place I will move to when I relocate. The quality of living is very good, and while there are plenty of nasty places in FL, Navarre does not appear to be one of them. In fact, I think it is one of FLoridas best kept secrets, and I hope it stays that way till I get there. It got hit by three hurricanes, but recovery has progressed from what I could see.

Speaking of nasty, this thread was hijacked by someone being unnecessarily and apparently deliberately nasty. Insulting the place where an active member lives and proclaims how great life is there seems really charmingly personal.

What I really love about navarre is no matter where you are, you are no more than 15 minutes from a beautiful public beach which is often not too crowded. It's close and simple enough to be part of a daily routine.

Old 07-19-2007, 10:48 AM

I can remember when Navarre was little more than just "the road between Fort Walton and Gulf Breeze". And now it's a beautiful thriving community where people like yourself decide the quality of life is so good, they want to move there. Nice post, cmsvmom

Old 07-19-2007, 01:04 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,133,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debntx View Post
HowdyYall, in light of your negative post on Navarre here are some other of your recent comments on this message board:

4. " miami rocks my world
it is awesome

That might explain it. He's from a different planet. Not used to seeing trees and wildlife I expect, and it frightens him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida