Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 02:55 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,166,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by debntx View Post
Sunrico I was reading recently about Navarre and came across this:
Navarre Beach recently completed a 13-million dollar beach renourishment project that widened the beach to 200 feet, complemented by a 14' high natural sand barrier. To make the makeover complete, nearly one million sea oats were planted on protective sand berms along almost the entire length of the beach. In addition, two new public beach ADA compliant beach walkovers are under construction near the Navarre Beach pier.
This was the result of hurricane Dennis, but life within the beach has not slow down. Everyone has come back and most of the facilities that were damaged are fix or in the process to be repaired.

This is the new look:

widened and renourished Navarre Beach, October 2006

News Update in Navarre Beach, Santa Rosa County, Florida,Northwest Florida
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2007, 04:10 PM

184 posts, read 863,329 times
Wow!! What a pretty beach!!
Ain't too shabby for a town thats "like a trailer park town" or "a nasty panhandle town" huh?!
Absolutely beautiful, Sunrico!! Thanks for sharing!!

Old 07-19-2007, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
That might explain it. He's from a different planet. Not used to seeing trees and wildlife I expect, and it frightens him.
ROFL!! That was great!!

Old 07-19-2007, 05:17 PM

432 posts, read 1,879,587 times
We've been back twice since the hurricanes. There has been great progress, especially on the beach.

Old 07-19-2007, 08:47 PM

432 posts, read 1,879,587 times
Are there any recently published articles or reports on the housing market in navarre? Going up, down, flat, what's moving, what's sitting there, what's being built, etc? Where could I find that?

Old 07-19-2007, 09:51 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,664,384 times
Sunrico
From a person who has traveled Florida for 25 years + and I am there at least once per month or more, I can honestly say the panhandle is absolutely beautiful. Navarre has its own little charm just like many other towns in Florida, but I can tell you as beach lovers, we really enjoy that beach and will even more since they widened it.
You are in paradise buddy, you and I know that. Cannot wait to come back to the panhandle for a swim in the ocean.
Got any new pictures you can show us?

Old 07-19-2007, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
Sunrico
From a person who has traveled Florida for 25 years + and I am there at least once per month or more, I can honestly say the panhandle is absolutely beautiful. Navarre has its own little charm just like many other towns in Florida, but I can tell you as beach lovers, we really enjoy that beach and will even more since they widened it.
You are in paradise buddy, you and I know that. Cannot wait to come back to the panhandle for a swim in the ocean.
Got any new pictures you can show us?

Local pictures from Fun Fest 2007, not my pictures, posted in local news paper...

Shutterfly Pro Galleries

Old 07-20-2007, 04:44 PM

Looks like fun was had by all
Thanks for sharing, sunrico

Old 08-06-2007, 09:44 AM

6 posts, read 19,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmsvmom View Post
Are there any recently published articles or reports on the housing market in navarre? Going up, down, flat, what's moving, what's sitting there, what's being built, etc? Where could I find that?
I don't have a link, but I live here...

Prices are down from last year. (Unfortunately we bought in 2005, at the peak). But we plan to stay awhile, so aren't bothered. Building has slowed a bit.

We live in Holley By The Sea, which is a sort of large suburb in Navarre. Not too walkable, but quiet.

Old 08-06-2007, 01:58 PM

During June the county had over 140 sales (includes land and homes), during May over 300.... The prices are at least 20 to 25 percent lower and this time of the year the military members are moving so many more houses in the market. A good negotiator can get a very good price....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida